Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got offered a place in Uni of Nottingham for this September, the UCAS offer was A*AA but a few of the first applicants to receive a place were offered AAB, however, I'm afraid I may end up with ABB, are they likely to accept me since that's technically 3 official grades dropped?

ReputationRep:
    I went to the open day over the weekend and got talking to some students from my course (which wants AAA). Both of them were telling me that they knew people on their course who got something like AAC, A*AB,A*BB but still managed to get in.

It really depends on the course and how much they like you I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I heard if they dont have enough people for that particular course they would still accept you even if you have around 2-3 grades lower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AQATrolledMe)
    I heard if they dont have enough people for that particular course they would still accept you even if you have around 2-3 grades lower
    Generally depends if the course is a high demand course or not. The entry requirements for my backup subject at Bristol is gobsmackingly low because not that many go for it. Same applies for other unis too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Generally depends if the course is a high demand course or not. The entry requirements for my backup subject at Bristol is gobsmackingly low because not that many go for it. Same applies for other unis too.
    You're a lucky girl then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AQATrolledMe)
    You're a lucky girl then
    Not really. I'm seriously considering Nottingham but they don't do Anthro so might just have to do English and Anthropology in a personal statement.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.