Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello,
    I am 21 years old and relatively active. but I have huge problems with fat/cellulite on my bum, all thighs, knees and calves. I've had it for some years now, but none of family has it.
    First of all, how do I know if it is fat or cellulite? It looks quite ok on the outside, but if I stretch the skin it looks bumpy and disgusting! It's also bouncy on my bum.
    Second of all, how to get rid of it? What diet and exercises should I do?
    I walk 7 hours a day, five times a week and do some cycling, running, dancing and some exercises during the weekend. I also went on a diet eating 1000-1500kcal per day , not eating after 4pm (working form 7am to 3om) and people told me I got skinnier but I couldn't notice anything on my body, just lost 2kg in a good month. I don't have much energy left for exercising when I come home from work.
    I am average size though. 58kg and 172cm height.
    But I am really struggling with that issue, I really feel awful. I would be grateful for any advice!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello,
    I am 21 years old and relatively active. but I have huge problems with fat/cellulite on my bum, all thighs, knees and calves. I've had it for some years now, but none of family has it.
    First of all, how do I know if it is fat or cellulite? It looks quite ok on the outside, but if I stretch the skin it looks bumpy and disgusting! It's also bouncy on my bum.
    Second of all, how to get rid of it? What diet and exercises should I do?
    I walk 7 hours a day, five times a week and do some cycling, running, dancing and some exercises during the weekend. I also went on a diet eating 1000-1500kcal per day , not eating after 4pm (working form 7am to 3om) and people told me I got skinnier but I couldn't notice anything on my body, just lost 2kg in a good month. I don't have much energy left for exercising when I come home from work.
    I am average size though. 58kg and 172cm height.
    But I am really struggling with that issue, I really feel awful. I would be grateful for any advice!
    Thank you!

Hi darling,

Why don't you try lymphatic exercices? I had a perfect body with 0% cellulitis when I practiced that

ReputationRep:
    Tbh cellulite is largely genetic. You sound like a low body weight for your height as it is so I wouldn’t recommend losing any more. It’s totally normal so as long as you’re healthy and exercising regularly try not to let it bother you - I can guaruntee you notice it more than anyone else

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.