Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking for books to widen my general knowledge and understanding of the world during the summer and would be eternally grateful if anyone had any recommendations on what to read. Topics such as philosophy, science, medicine are just and idea into what I'm looking for, but they are not an exclusive list at all, any book which is factual and interesting will be amazing! If it helps I'm an 18 year old guy who's just finished his a levels and the last book I read which wasn't to do with my subject learning was many, many years ago...

ReputationRep:
    The Secret by Rhonda Byrne - interesting book to read, not sure if it's the one your looking for but its worth the read though.

ReputationRep:
    General encyclopedias are good to read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninjakam119)
    Hi, I'm looking for books to widen my general knowledge and understanding of the world during the summer and would be eternally grateful if anyone had any recommendations on what to read. Topics such as philosophy, science, medicine are just and idea into what I'm looking for, but they are not an exclusive list at all, any book which is factual and interesting will be amazing! If it helps I'm an 18 year old guy who's just finished his a levels and the last book I read which wasn't to do with my subject learning was many, many years ago...
    I don't know any books in particular but here is a good website I use it tells you some books that are similar to the ones you have already read.

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/

ReputationRep:
    if you have any interest in comic books at all then definitely check out watchmen

even if you don't have an interest in comic books you'd probably still enjoy it, its really that good

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.