Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have probably messed up part 8c as I am terrible with these, Lemme know where I've gone wrong and I'll update it.

I thought it was a decent paper. Expect normal boundaries for C4 (A~62 IMO),

I intend to do the S2 paper, but that wont be tonight. These take hours to typeset and check. Probably do that tomorrow now that I have my freedon.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf fp32016.pdf (206.4 KB, 441 views)

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks man, what are your predicitons for the grade boundaries? I need about 75 ish ums and I reckon I got 63 marks (:
    Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahblah21)
    Hey thanks man, what are your predicitons for the grade boundaries? I need about 75 ish ums and I reckon I got 63 marks (:
    Thanks again.
    You'll get your 75, Possibly an A.

ReputationRep:
    hey, in 4b) the integral should be 2e^x/e^2x+9

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Cheers for the solutions, I think I've spotted some issues?
    3(a) the denominator should be  1 - x^{2}
    4 (ii) b, your result has a factor of 2 missing.

Not sure about your 8c, I typed the position vector into one of the planes, and it didn't give the value of the RHS for the plane equation. Probably should do it another method?

Apart from that, sounds fine, thanks for these once again.

ReputationRep:
    https://gyazo.com/e1dde69183d84608ff91fda655af06e3

For this part, I accidentally integrated 5coshx - 4sinhx instead of 1/(5coshx-4sinhx)

How many marks should I get? 2/5? (for changing my limits then subbing it back in at the end?) I really hope I don't get 0/5 omg I'm really worried someone please tell me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMarques)
    Hey,

Cheers for the solutions, I think I've spotted some issues?
    3(a) the denominator should be  1 - x^{2}
    4 (ii) b, your result has a factor of 2 missing.

Not sure about your 8c, I typed the position vector into one of the planes, and it didn't give the value of the RHS for the plane equation. Probably should do it another method?

Apart from that, sounds fine, thanks for these once again.
    Yeah cheers, I'll update it tommorow. It's been a long day haha

ReputationRep:
    For the last one I got (r-a)xb=0
    Where a = (-j/5 - k) and b= (-11i + j -8k)
    Can anyone confirm whether this is right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by athers116)
    For the last one I got (r-a)xb=0
    Where a = (-j/5 - k) and b= (-11i + j -8k)
    Can anyone confirm whether this is right?
    Yes, that looks familiar to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMarques)
    Yes, that looks familiar to me.
    Well that's good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAndChess)
    Hi,

I have probably messed up part 8c as I am terrible with these, Lemme know where I've gone wrong and I'll update it.

I thought it was a decent paper. Expect normal boundaries for C4 (A~62 IMO),

I intend to do the S2 paper, but that wont be tonight. These take hours to typeset and check. Probably do that tomorrow now that I have my freedon.

Enjoy!
    The last part of questions 4, 1 / 4coshx - 5coshx should be 2 times what you have, so the final integral should be 2 times what you have.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys is (r - (-11/5 i + 0j - 13/5 k) ) x ( -11i + j -8k) = 0 correct for Q8c?

Also, how much would I get for Q7a if I wrote down In-In-2 in terms of the respective integrals and then combined them into one integral with (sin nx - sin(n-2)x)/sinx within the integration sign and then expanding sin(n-2)x and then just writing down the given answer in the next line?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunawardana)

Also, how much would I get for Q7a if I wrote down In-In-2 in terms of the respective integrals and then combined them into one integral with (sin nx - sin(n-2)x)/sinx within the integration sign and then expanding sin(n-2)x and then just writing down the given answer in the next line?

Thanks.
    full marks. That's what they wanted

have a look at my model solutions for other questions
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4198243

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.