Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

no idea what to do over summer, its saddening watch

My last summer before uni and it looks like it will be my worst summer so far.

All my friends have moved away because they are going to unis not in london, and there arent any people who I can just hang out with anymore.

Cant afford to go on holiday or do anything like that.

I asked out my crush, but I'm pretty sure I was rejected

No jobs available near me, the only ones available are too far away.

so what do I do?
    I used to waste time gaming, but recently ive found movies/games ridiculously boring.
    I've got a huge list of books to read, but I cant just read all the time.

ReputationRep:
    join a gym or take up a sport

ReputationRep:
    Find yourself a creative project, something adventurous that'll take you tens of hours of work. Maybe try and learn something new, like a sport or language (be it a human or programming language) or whatever.

Take the time to build on yourself :cute:

ReputationRep:
    My last summer before moving away from home to study in England and I'm pretty much in the same condition. I wait for the results of my foundation year and I'm just waiting to book my flight for London.

I workout every morning to keep myself in schedule with waking up in a respected time and I just go grab a coffee afterwards to kill some time.

Try to enjoy sleeping for a couple hours after lunch.
    You can always try watching any series or get out of the house and just walk 2-3 km just allow your mind to relax.

I feel you though.

Thanks for the suggestions
    I already workout every morning (have been doing weights and stuff for the past year)
    Sleep would be nice, but im not sure why but after 6 hours im pretty much unable to stay in bed. Have to get up and be active

I was planning on learning a language, and have one or two creative projects to do (a bit of metalwork and a bit of other stuff), But i find ive still got quite a big chunk of my day empty!

ReputationRep:
    Are there any summer classes or clubs around you can join? Also, try volunteering. It is really very rewarding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My last summer before uni and it looks like it will be my worst summer so far.

All my friends have moved away because they are going to unis not in london, and there arent any people who I can just hang out with anymore.

Cant afford to go on holiday or do anything like that.

I asked out my crush, but I'm pretty sure I was rejected

No jobs available near me, the only ones available are too far away.

so what do I do?
    I used to waste time gaming, but recently ive found movies/games ridiculously boring.
    I've got a huge list of books to read, but I cant just read all the time.
    do something to make money
    like a gold buying party and make some cash for uni (buy other precious metals as well like silver and platinum)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should volunteer somewhere like a charity or something. This website has many organisations you could join: https://volunteerteam.london.gov.uk/#s

Thank you
    Im going to see if there are any summer classes i can join, never thought of that!

I definitely sound selfish and like a terrible person here, but I volunteered for 2 years (2014 & 2015) at different charities for a few hours a week, and It just isn't for me.

(Original post by Salma09)
    Maybe you should volunteer somewhere like a charity or something. This website has many organisations you could join: https://volunteerteam.london.gov.uk/#s
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    do something to make money
    like a gold buying party and make some cash for uni (buy other precious metals as well like silver and platinum)
    (Original post by Simonthegreat)
    Are there any summer classes or clubs around you can join? Also, try volunteering. It is really very rewarding.

ReputationRep:
    Revise for whatever exams you have next year... easy lyfe

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anonymous;66190360]Thank you
    Im going to see if there are any summer classes i can join, never thought of that!

I definitely sound selfish and like a terrible person here, but I volunteered for 2 years (2014 & 2015) at different charities for a few hours a week, and It just isn't for me.[/QUOTE
    you don't need a class for mine just look at this site it'll help
    http://www.make-money-gold.com/

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position as you... Kind of. I'm going to spain in August, and I have one or two close friends I can see maybe a couple of times. I have a girlfriend, but she's gone for like a month. So I have a month in the middle of the summer where I do nothing. I'm an AS student, so I'm just gonna do work

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.