Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Won't see my boyfriend for a month.. will he forget about me?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is going on holiday for 10 days and then I am going on a charity project for 2 weeks. We have 3 days together in between the two but I'm terrified he'll forget about me. He's not shown any sign of it (we broke up for about 2 hours in a stupid argument but decided we couldn't not be with each other!) but I just can't get it out of my head. We have the odd argument (due to my anxiety mainly which can make things difficult) and have recently got out of a rough patch, which seems to have made us stronger, but generally our relationship is great. Any advice would be greatly appreciated; never been in this situation before!

ReputationRep:
    I dont know. How often does your boyfriend do it 'solo'. If he does do it a lot, he might eventually move onto other girls given that you are not providing him with your TTs and body

ReputationRep:
    No he won't, Me and my boyfriend are in a LDR, and we haven't seen each other for a month; it will be 5 weeks before we see each other next. We don't forget about each other. Just make sure you keep in contact.

ReputationRep:
    If he forgets about you after a month then he's not worth it and if he cares about you he will wait that long. I am in a similar situation where I won't see my boyfriend for over a month and we make sure to talk when we can and make time for it. If anything, absence makes the heart grow fonder...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helena2699)
    My boyfriend is going on holiday for 10 days and then I am going on a charity project for 2 weeks. We have 3 days together in between the two but I'm terrified he'll forget about me. He's not shown any sign of it (we broke up for about 2 hours in a stupid argument but decided we couldn't not be with each other!) but I just can't get it out of my head. We have the odd argument (due to my anxiety mainly which can make things difficult) and have recently got out of a rough patch, which seems to have made us stronger, but generally our relationship is great. Any advice would be greatly appreciated; never been in this situation before!
    If it was meant to be, he won't forget you!

ReputationRep:
    1 month is nothing, if he's worth anything he'll stand by you.

ReputationRep:
    If he does, then he's absolutely not worth it.

If he doesn't, then when you're reunited it'll be all the better for both of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helena2699)
    Distance can be a true challenge in a relationship. That being said, from what you've told us I see no reason why he would forget you. If I was away from my girlfriend for that long I would extremely miss her, let alone forget her, so you're in the clear OP.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, he'll by like "Who the fack are you...?" when he returns 1 month later.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.