Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

V998 – LSD, Psilocin and DMT (Repeal) Bill 2016 watch

• View Poll Results: Should this bill be passed into law?
    As many are of the opinion, Aye
    32.65%
    On the contrary, No
    46.94%
    Abstain
    20.41%

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    V998 – LSD, Psilocin and DMT (Repeal) Bill 2016, TSR UK Independence Party
    LSD, Psilocin and DMT (Repeal) Bill

A
    BILL
    TO

Repeal the LSD, Psilocin and DMT Act 2015

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

1) Repeal
    (i) B860 - LSD, Psilocin and DMT Act 2015 shall be repealed in its entirety.

2) Commencement, Short Title and Extent
    a) This bill will come into effect immediately.
    b) The bill may be cited as the LSD, Psilocin and DMT (Repeal) Act.
    c) This bill will apply to the whole of the United Kingdom.

Notes
    We must not allow the use of harmful drugs, which B860 allows, or productivity will be reduced and a greater strain is placed on the NHS. Why should people be allocated fewer resources per capita on the NHS in order to treat the problems caused by those who take drugs? We must not waste our NHS money on drug takers, and if this bill passes, you will receive better NHS service, as there will not be so many drug-addicts to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker, could you please change my vote to an abstain? I think it only appropriate since I abstained on the original Bill.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Mr Speaker, could you please change my vote to an abstain? I think it only appropriate since I abstained on the original Bill.
    :yy:

One No has been changed to an Abstention.

ReputationRep:
    I urge the abstainers to vote aye to this bill. Many people suffer as a result of them taking these legalised drugs. Why should we, as legislators, allow the families of those who take these drugs suffer from the loss of their loved ones because the supporters of this bill wish to mislead people into thinking that these drugs are safe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    I urge the abstainers to vote aye to this bill. Many people suffer as a result of them taking these legalised drugs. Why should we, as legislators, allow the families of those who take these drugs suffer from the loss of their loved ones because the supporters of this bill wish to mislead people into thinking that these drugs are safe?
    "Many people suffer"... rather than a vague appeal to sympathy, you might list all those cases in which these drugs alone have caused suffering, and specifically death as you mentioned.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    My vote should be a nay. But I'm having technical issues with this one too. Whenever I click any button on the site it logs me out.

Mr Speaker, could you add my vote to the tally?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Andy98)
    My vote should be a nay. But I'm having technical issues with this one too. Whenever I click any button on the site it logs me out.

Mr Speaker, could you add my vote to the tally?
    One No has been added for seat 46.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ayes to the right: 16
    Noes to the left: 23
    Abstentions: 10

The Noes have it! The Noes have it! Unlock!

Turnout: 98%
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :elefant::nyan::hippie:

:hide:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Saracen's Fez Could you lock the thread please? Cheers.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Saracen's Fez Could you lock the thread please? Cheers.
    Ah yes, whoops.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Debate and current affairs forum guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.