What Would U Do In My Situation Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I got a B,C,U at A2 and so cannot go to my first choice (brunel) to do sport science

do i go through clearing to find somewhere else
or
get a job, do an extra a level and go brunel next year

i had all this sorted yesterday but have just gone seen careers people at college and have made me very confused and stressed!!!!!!!
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well- it really depends on you- would you be happier waiting a year/working for a year and then going on to your first choice or would you rather go straight back into education in Sept/Oct to a university you don't like so much?

It's either the time or the place- which to you value more?

If you had your heart set on that university, and are content to wait then go for that (although you can't be certain you'd get the place even if you redid the exams etc)- basically, if you work for a year then you can pay off some of your student loan early/have the option to travel for a bit/splash out a little at uni...

As I say- weigh out the positive and negative sides of your choices and decide what is best for you

Good luck with everything

Egan
Toyosi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can't you go to your second choice. I'd check out clearing first and see if there was anywhere good that you'd like to go. If that failed then I'd consider getting a job and doing another A-level but A-levels generally take 2 years so you'd better be prepared for loads of work plus there's always the possibility that Brunel wouldn't give you another offer next year so like I said, check out other unis. I hear Loughborough's pretty good for sports science.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Whatever you decide to do (and that decision is up to you and only you! Only you know what's right for you) you'd better decide quickly because clearing is very competitive. My friend went through clearing as he did not get into Brunnel, but he did get into a place he considers even better! The fact that you were going to go to Brunnel suggests you do want to go to university this year, therefore if I were you, I would go through clearing. BUT if you only want to go to Brunnel and no where else... then clearing won't help much, in which case you'd be better off waiting another year!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
well i really want to go this year.....but i really liked brunel when i went to the open day, i didn't like any other uni's that i visited.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
well i really want to go this year.....but i really liked brunel when i went to the open day, i didn't like any other uni's that i visited.
hmmm.. I don't know what to say mate. You mean you only liked one university and that's it? you didn't have a second choice as insurance even?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
my insurance choice was de montfort and have enough ucas points but it was just really small. i'm just really picky bout what i like!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
my insurance choice was de montfort and have enough ucas points but it was just really small. i'm just really picky bout what i like!!!!
seems to me like you've already made up your mind then. If your second choice isn't good enough, how do you expect to be satisfied by a third choice through clearing?
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (111)
13.94%
Excited (78)
9.8%
Worried (151)
18.97%
Terrified (184)
23.12%
Meh (51)
6.41%
Confused (22)
2.76%