Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I am hopefully starting university at Glasgow for Medicine, this upcoming September, if I meet my conditions.My parents are moving to live in london in August and I was wodnering if I would be able to apply to a University in England whilst I am in University e.g. October 2016 for entry to the 2017. I was wodnering if tgis would be possible through UCAS? I do not mind doing another year in Medicine if anyone is wondering, I just want to be closer to my family.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Makhib19)
    Hello. I am hopefully starting university at Glasgow for Medicine, this upcoming September, if I meet my conditions.My parents are moving to live in london in August and I was wodnering if I would be able to apply to a University in England whilst I am in University e.g. October 2016 for entry to the 2017. I was wodnering if tgis would be possible through UCAS? I do not mind doing another year in Medicine if anyone is wondering, I just want to be closer to my family.
    You can only study at medical school once in the UK. This means it isn't possible to drop out of medicine, and then start again and it is almost unheard of for anybody to "transfer" (because medicine doesn't work like that). All medical schools, to my knowledge, have specific statements on their application criteria that say they will not consider an application from somebody that has previously been at medical school.

Options are:

1) Continue studying medicine at Glasgow (do this, it makes literally zero sense to give up an offer, you may never get an offer from elsewhere again).

2) Withdraw your offer NOW (i.e. before you enrol), with some haste given the application cycle has started and the deadline is Oct, and then reapply right now for a university in London for medicine. You will have to go through all the UKCAT/BMAT/interview hoops again.

3) You can apply through UCAS whilst studying medicine for a non-medicine degree - e.g. biomedical science in London. There is no restriction for non-medical degrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makhib19)
    I just want to be closer to my family.
    How much do you want to be a doctor? You need to decide what your priorities are.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.