Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, this is my first time posting so I'm not really sure how it works but anyhow

I was stupid and haven't been checking my emails during GCSEs and revision. I was meant to have a uniform fitting with my chosen sixth form but couldn't attend bc of commitments scheduled prior. During this time, I received an email (which I've just found now while I'm checking my old ones) stating that I had to attend a new uniform fitting on another date or email them back by a certain date (which has now way passed) and that if I didn't, they'd assume I was no longer interested and "remove my name from the list of acceptances"

I'm fully freaking out. Is this final and does this mean I can't go to my chosen sixth form? I don't really have a back up plan and don't know how I should explain it to my parents if this is the case.... Anyone have any ideas to get me out of this mess????

ReputationRep:
    Email them and explain your situation. Hopefully they'll still accept you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Email them and explain your situation. Hopefully they'll still accept you.
    I've just emailed them. Honestly, I hope so but they're a really tough, no nonsense, oversubscribed school so idk. Also, I fly this Friday and only come back the day before GCSE results. Two days after that, they want everyone to collect their uniform so I don't see how that's really possible :/ Urghh, I'm so annoyed at myself for getting into this situation -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S137)
    I've just emailed them. Honestly, I hope so but they're a really tough, no nonsense, oversubscribed school so idk. Also, I fly this Friday and only come back the day before GCSE results. Two days after that, they want everyone to collect their uniform so I don't see how that's really possible :/ Urghh, I'm so annoyed at myself for getting into this situation -_-
    To be honest, you are in a very tough situation. All you can do is hope that they are ok with this. For now, the best thing you can do is search for alternatives just in case the worst happens.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds rough, but to be honest, this could be one of the best lessons you'll ever receive. I hope it works out for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    To be honest, you are in a very tough situation. All you can do is hope that they are ok with this. For now, the best thing you can do is search for alternatives just in case the worst happens.
    Any ideas how to search for alternatives... I'm pretty lost bc I was relying on this school for my sixth form :// Do I call other places up or?? If they do still accept me, anyone know how long it usually takes to get uniform bc I obviously haven't got anything right now...

Thank you for your help legendary quest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S137)
    Any ideas how to search for alternatives... I'm pretty lost bc I was relying on this school for my sixth form :// Do I call other places up or?? If they do still accept me, anyone know how long it usually takes to get uniform bc I obviously haven't got anything right now...

Thank you for your help legendary quest
    First email/call the sixth form you want to go to and explain everything. If they say they cannot accept you, then call other colleges/sixth forms and ask them if they have any spaces.

I'm not sure about uniforms. That depends on what their dress code is. In my sixth form, we had to wear a business attire but we had to get that ourselves. Most of the colleges and sixth forms I know of either allow you to wear whatever you want or tell you to dress 'formally'.

You're welcome. Hope the sixth form allows you to join.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.