Turn on thread page Beta

Calorie Question :D watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, how many caloies should i attempt to burn away on a daily bases if i want to lose weight?

p.s. I am watching what i eat, trying to cut down on fats, and i am Buring about 220 Calories every day by running, is that good enough?

Thanks
    _KOH_

ReputationRep:
    It depends how much youre eating, obviously, and your BMR/RMR, and how much you want to lose per week?

ReputationRep:
    i usually like to burn about 500 a day for effective weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    i usually like to burn about 500 a day for effective weight loss.

500 hooooh?!?

how much do you lose a weeK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    500 hooooh?!?

how much do you lose a weeK?
    That would be 1lb a week...

ReputationRep:
    One way to calculate your caloric requirement is with the Harris-Benedict Formula:
    I use the following formula(for males):

66 + (6.3 x body weight in lbs.) + (12.9 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

This gives you your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
    Now that you know your BMR, multiply your BMR by your activity multiplier from below:

Activity Multiplier
    Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
    Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
    Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
    Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
    Extr. active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job

Your BMR X Activity Level = Calories Needed for maintenance : what you need to sustain your body at status quo. If you want to lose weight, subtract 500 calories a day to lose 1 pound per week. Subtract 1000 to lose 2 pounds per week. It is not recommended to go below a 1000 calorie deficit. It is also not recommended to go below 2000 calories a day if you are trying to maintain / build muscle mass. Start out a fat loss program at a 500 calorie deficit, try that for a couple of weeks, then, if you arent getting the results you want, cut 250 off, try that for a couple of weeks, and repeat until you find the level that works for your body. After a few months, change it; your body will become accustomed to a caloric level and needs it to be altered once in a while.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to know any more about macronutrient ratios/requirements etc. just ask

ReputationRep:
    As you do more and more exercise then your metabolism will change, therefore, it becomes easier to burn more calories. Also, as your metabolism changes then you will burn more calories on a daily basis just by resting. so the key is to do LOADS of exercise then not only will you burn more calories during exercise, but also just during the day, even when you sleep. P.S. losing weight for resons of vanity is sad and unethical, or so says my mate BIG JOE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    If you want to know any more about macronutrient ratios/requirements etc. just ask
    Where have you said anything about macronutrient requirements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Where have you said anything about macronutrient requirements?
    I haven't, you're misinterpreting my post (and I admit, it was not written well). I meant..

'If you want to know any more information, regarding dietary requirements or macronutrient ratios, then ask and I will explain'.

Forgive my poorly worded sentencing :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    That would be 1lb a week...
    Sometimes more, seeing as Apart from exercising I dont actually do a lot else (especially now as all i have to do it wait for uni in my empty house.) So some days i dont eat much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    I haven't, you're misinterpreting my post (and I admit, it was not written well). I meant..

'If you want to know any more information, regarding dietary requirements or macronutrient ratios, then ask and I will explain'.

Forgive my poorly worded sentencing :rolleyes:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.