Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an Indian guy who has interest to pursue uni in UK . I am in 12th grade now and I am in a confusion whether to choose degree apprenticeship or as a full time student. I am planning to take bsc in computer science and AI

I also need to know whether an international student can get a degree apprenticeship

Being an indian I only need to give my grades of 10th grade and predicted grades of 12th

Predicted grades will be mostly like 94%+(CBSE syllabus)(I have taken physics, chemistry, math, computer science and English)

My 10th grades(ICSE syllabus) are
    1.Economics application - 95/100
    2.Math - 95/100
    3.Science(it's an average mark of physics, chemistry and biology) - 94/100
    4. Social science (it's an average mark of history, civics and geography)-94/100
    5. English - 87/100

The universities I wanted to apply are (For 2017 entry)
    1.Imperial / UCL
    2.Kings/St Andrews
    3.University of Edinburgh
    4.University of Manchester
    5.University of Birmingham

Other shortlisted unis are
    1.University of Warwick
    2.University of Leeds

As I live in India I don't have a lot of resources to get to know more about this UCAS and UK universities. Thank-you in advance for those who are replying to the thread 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its unlikely that you will be able to apply for these new style degrees as they are essentially paid employment with study towards a degree, and are funded by the UK government, but I suggest you contact the Universities offering these degrees to check your eligibility.

Again, you need to contact each Uni to see if your qualifications are acceptable - each one will be different, And you need to think about how you are going to fund your degree.

Lots of advice about how to apply through UCAS :
    UCAS - https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track
    TSR - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...ing-ucas-apply
    You should also contact your local British Council office for help and advice : https://www.britishcouncil.in/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your valuable reply. But i have attended a local british council exhibition conducted in my city couple of months ago where some of the unis whixh u wanted to get into like Birmingham and Warwick attended and after having a talk with their representatives I think I am way more than their capping to get into their uni (they have kept the capping as. 60 or 65% for indians if I am not wrong) so I need help whether I have a chance to get into the universities which I wanted to gain an entry with my acads

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)
    Thanks for your valuable reply. But i have attended a local british council exhibition conducted in my city couple of months ago where some of the unis whixh u wanted to get into like Birmingham and Warwick attended and after having a talk with their representatives I think I am way more than their capping to get into their uni (they have kept the capping as. 60 or 65% for indians if I am not wrong) so I need help whether I have a chance to get into the universities which I wanted to gain an entry with my acads

Posted from TSR Mobile
    60-65 for undergrad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)
    I am an Indian guy who has interest to pursue uni in UK . I am in 12th grade now and I am in a confusion whether to choose degree apprenticeship or as a full time student. I am planning to take bsc in computer science and AI

I also need to know whether an international student can get a degree apprenticeship

Being an indian I only need to give my grades of 10th grade and predicted grades of 12th

Predicted grades will be mostly like 94%+(CBSE syllabus)(I have taken physics, chemistry, math, computer science and English)

My 10th grades(ICSE syllabus) are
    1.Economics application - 95/100
    2.Math - 95/100
    3.Science(it's an average mark of physics, chemistry and biology) - 94/100
    4. Social science (it's an average mark of history, civics and geography)-94/100
    5. English - 87/100

The universities I wanted to apply are (For 2017 entry)
    1.Imperial / UCL
    2.Kings/St Andrews
    3.University of Edinburgh
    4.University of Manchester
    5.University of Birmingham

Other shortlisted unis are
    1.University of Warwick
    2.University of Leeds

As I live in India I don't have a lot of resources to get to know more about this UCAS and UK universities. Thank-you in advance for those who are replying to the thread 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you should go to a british university fair held by british council or by idp, or edwise. Idp and edwise help you with ielts and the UCAS application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oops sorry actually it was 80 to 85%. Well I went to the meet of British council last year when they came to my city .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Send Emails to each uni (search for the Applications Contact) to find out your eligibility and make a plan there. Otherwise, send Emails to apprenticeship providers (e.g. the company giving the apprenticeship) to find out eligibility there.

Once you have an answer from a person, you can get a better picture of where you stand.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.