Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer from the University of Cambridge for studying MPhil in Advanced Computer Science but failed to get a 1st (final average: 68).

Is it still possible to be accepted with a 2:1?

Thank you and any advice is appreciated!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Shirley_Burke)
    I got a conditional offer from the University of Cambridge for studying MPhil in Advanced Computer Science but failed to get a 1st (final average: 68).

!
    Yes, it's possible, but it will depend on the final performance of the rest of the offer holding cohort and the judgement of the admissions team if it will happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Yes, it's possible, but it will depend on the final performance of the rest of the offer holding cohort and the judgement of the admissions team if it will happen.
    Is there anything I can do at this stage to help with the situation? Shall I contact the admissions team or student admin.?

Thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Shirley_Burke)
    Is there anything I can do at this stage to help with the situation? Shall I contact the admissions team or student admin.?

Thanks!
    There's nothing you can do, unless you have additional, positive information to add, ie another qualification. The admissions team will make their decisions when they have everyone's results in and can see if there are any spaces for 'near misses' and who the nearest near misses are.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.