Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it depends on the person but do you think I'll find it alright?

I have a really good memory so I can remember millions of case studies and theories.

I've always been good at writing essays - arguing and evaluating and all that. The only problem is, I can't do this on the spot. I'm one of those students who has to know what kind of questions will pop up and I have everything really prepared and practically memorised.

I did my A-S levels which didn't go very well, I've had a year out and I'm (hopefully) going to go back in September. I did geography and psychology which were okay, but english-lit and history were a nightmare!

Is R.S on the same level as psychology? I've heard some people say it's as hard as history 😕

ReputationRep:
    I did RS as a gcses and it was simple. You just need to remember everything in the revision book they give you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayalovelace)
    I know it depends on the person but do you think I'll find it alright?

I have a really good memory so I can remember millions of case studies and theories.

I've always been good at writing essays - arguing and evaluating and all that. The only problem is, I can't do this on the spot. I'm one of those students who has to know what kind of questions will pop up and I have everything really prepared and practically memorised.

I did my A-S levels which didn't go very well, I've had a year out and I'm (hopefully) going to go back in September. I did geography and psychology which were okay, but english-lit and history were a nightmare!

Is R.S on the same level as psychology? I've heard some people say it's as hard as history 😕
    The answer is yes.

The answer to your other question about having everything prepared: you can - work through the pastpapers and theres only so many questions they can ask you.

At university it's even easier to predict questions and/or to plan your individual answer.

ReputationRep:
    I did the Scottish equivalent so it may not be completely accurate to the English course.
    But I am best at arts subjects such as history and politics and I struggled with the course, it took a lot of hard work but I think I got there in the end. It's certainly not impossible to excel in but do not mistake it for an "easy" subject like I did. But once you know what you're doing, the pattern in essays is fairly persistent. Hope this helps! Very interesting course though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.