Turn on thread page Beta

Economics at Uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am goina do economics at uni but iam not doin it at A-Level. For AS i did, maths, history, geography, biology and ict (predicted 5A's) and i have now dropped ict to do 4 alevels....although in sept i have the option to drop a further one and pick up AS economics. Do u think i should do the 4 and do background reading or 3 and AS??......i asked at cambridge and they said they didnt really mind, but there must be a preference?

ReputationRep:
    A2s are worth more than AS because the A2 part is harder. Economics at AS really isn't like the course at uni anyway, so I'd stick with the A2s if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economics)
    I am goina do economics at uni but iam not doin it at A-Level. For AS i did, maths, history, geography, biology and ict (predicted 5A's) and i have now dropped ict to do 4 alevels....although in sept i have the option to drop a further one and pick up AS economics. Do u think i should do the 4 and do background reading or 3 and AS??......i asked at cambridge and they said they didnt really mind, but there must be a preference?
    Do AS Further Maths instead. A-level Economics is useless

Hey Machine, still suffering from narrow mindedness? Please don't start insulting everyone again. It's not nice, dear, okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Hey Machine, still suffering from narrow mindedness? Please don't start insulting everyone again. It's not nice, dear, okay?
    y was machine banned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    You did insult everyone and basically told Cellardore that she was stupid, which she is not. Manners count for a lot. Open mindedness and lack of arrogance will do well in the Cambridge interview...

E&M's still greater.
    is machine banned 4ever??

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother with A-Level Economics, if you're the type of student who is going to survive Economics at university you'll be able to pick it up with a month or so once you get there; it really isn't that big a deal.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.