The Student Room Group

Men of tsr, do you have the balls to approach a woman on the street?

Scroll to see replies

there is one particular street where this is generally accepted.
Original post by Blue_Mason
So you would never approach a bloke who is well fit?

No, I'd never approach a girl or guy I fancied, too awkward
This is not America.
Unfortunately this isn't America/Australia/Canada, so this stuff gets you looked upon as weird as hell. That said, London is probably the place where it all originated believe it or not, so if you want some success, try it there (and ignore the nonsense about being sexually desperate or whatever).
Reply 24
I used to go to Covent Garden every afternoon after work and do just that . But it's easy if they are tourists isn't it?
What's my balls got to do with me approaching a female?
Worst case scenario you never see them again, so I don't see why not

Though of course never would when in a relationship.. I'm not really too interested in meeting new people, especially just because I find them attractive!
absolutely
if you want to then you should
Personally, I wouldn't like it if a random guy approached me on the street; I would feel a little intimidated, but that's because I am really shy.
it seems more acceptable in bigger cities
I have done pickup in the streets of the uk and i hate to break it to you... it works. Anyone who is saying it doesn't work in the UK is being a chode and is making excuses for the fact that they're pussies.
I personally wouldn't and don't have the need to do so - but it's funny to see people finding chatting up in the street as fundamentally wrong. I'm sure they wouldn't say the same in a nightclub - sure the expectations are different but ultimately it shouldn't change anything.

The second point is if that you're sufficiently attractive and/or oozing confidence, you'll be successful in any context
i was right about your threads smh :naughty:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Not unless there was some natural reason to do so, fairly obvious opener and/or she prompted me (although I've done a cold approach before, this was just to show a wing that I could do so, if necessary). Three main reasons for this:

1) I'm a British gent so it's in my nature to avoid putting people on the spot/making them feel awkward :top2:

2) I'm susceptible to electrosmog (have electro-sensitivity, EHS), so being on the street usually means getting bombarded with radiation that unfortunately makes me feel bad e.g. bad head/palpitations

3) I also have POTS so standing means a drop in blood pressure (notably, reduced blood supply to the brain) accompanied by my heart racing

P.S. I coach people professionally in this area and have put together a handy, concise introductory guide for anyone considering 'day game'

sometimes it would be lovely for hot guys to just attemp to approach us on the street and start talking randomly and forming a beautiful connection :h:
This thing quite commonly happens in central. Was approached the other day in St James's park,it was nice but somewhat alittle embarrassing as the guy was with his friends,who were waiting for him to get back to they could up and leave the park :frown:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Sometimes it would be lovely for supposedly hot girls to just attempt to see us, and to start talking properly and capitalising on a beautiful connection :h:

That's funny, could have sworn you were in hospital and too sick to see anyone. Let's just say you have 'a vivid imagination' either way :rolleyes:

you probably wouldn't have any problems in that department*

Left since last week :smile:
Original post by Metrododo
I personally wouldn't and don't have the need to do so - but it's funny to see people finding chatting up in the street as fundamentally wrong. I'm sure they wouldn't say the same in a nightclub - sure the expectations are different but ultimately it shouldn't change anything.

The second point is if that you're sufficiently attractive and/or oozing confidence, you'll be successful in any context

Good point, and you only live once.
Original post by fatima1998
i was right about your threads smh :naughty:

😃
I am now confused?
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
it seems more acceptable in bigger cities

certainly in London! I wonder what it's like In other large UK cities
Original post by the bear
there is one particular street where this is generally accepted.

???
See I approached a bird at the co-op, but she was older but it was a good try

Quick Reply

Latest