Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm due to start a levels in September and to get to my college I'll need to take the train. I know I sound like a dunce but does a railcard make season tickets cheaper or is there no point in buying one? Also is there anyway to cheapen a season ticket, such as student discounts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meldiriell)
    I'm due to start a levels in September and to get to my college I'll need to take the train. I know I sound like a dunce but does a railcard make season tickets cheaper or is there no point in buying one? Also is there anyway to cheapen a season ticket, such as student discounts?
    you can get a 16-25 railcard, which costs £30 , and this gives you a 1/3 of tickets ...
    http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/?source=portal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meldiriell)
    It may depend upon the rail company where you live but in Yorkshire we have the Mcard which is a weekly/monthly/annual season ticket. You either purchase an Adult one or they have a StudentPlus one for ages 16-25 which is cheaper than the adult fare
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    you can get a 16-25 railcard, which costs £30 , and this gives you a 1/3 of tickets ...
    But there are restrictions with that one.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    But there are restrictions with that one.
    Tiger Rag is right.

Between 4:30am and 10am on weekdays there's a minimum fare of £12 before you're able to save a 1/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Tiger Rag is right.

Between 4:30am and 10am on weekdays there's a minimum fare of £12 before you're able to save a 1/3
    oh sorry I didn't realise this ; i;ve only use the card to save on uni visits

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.