Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are people's main worries about life after school? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone not have any plans for after school? Or are you doing something that you don't really want to do?

ReputationRep:
    If anyone isn't sure of what to do when they leave school then they will find it very difficult to hold on to a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    If anyone isn't sure of what to do when they leave school then they will find it very difficult to hold on to a job.
    I don't really agree... It's very common for someone to not know what they want from life, especially at such a young age.

There's a lot of pressure and expectation for young people to know where they want to go in life and for most cases (except the very lucky few) It just isn't that simple!

I have gone through probably 3 career idea in the past 5 years and still am unsure what I actually want to do!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think you're right, so many people don't know what they want to do! I guess trying a few different things is a good idea but still pretty scary! And how long will it be until your parents are on your back- does anyone else worry about that?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrmp)
    Yeah I think you're right, so many people don't know what they want to do! I guess trying a few different things is a good idea but still pretty scary! And how long will it be until your parents are on your back- does anyone else worry about that?!
    From what I can tell, one of the only thing that separates young people from adults is that as you get older, you get better at pretending to know what you're doing.

I'm pretty sure that most people just wing a lot!

If your parents are supportive they will not get on your back unless you become a lazy lie about. They should try and guide you into being the best person you can!

My parents were pretty annoyed when I turned down my university place, but supported me i and can now see that I did it with good intention and I wasn't just being stupid!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.