Turn on thread page Beta

One Hit Wonders watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering what is your favourite one-hit wonder, maybe we could compile a list of the best one-hit wonders ever.
    I was just thinking of that Bran Van 3000 song drinking in LA and Breakfast At Tiffany's, any others you can think of??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    I was wondering what is your favourite one-hit wonder, maybe we could compile a list of the best one-hit wonders ever.
    I was just thinking of that Bran Van 3000 song drinking in LA and Breakfast At Tiffany's, any others you can think of??
    sweet like chocolate

ReputationRep:
    the final countdown by europe

ReputationRep:
    did eagle-eye-cherry ever have another hit after "save tonight"

ReputationRep:
    uh oh we're in trouble by shampoo.

ReputationRep:
    did eagle-eye-cherry ever have another hit after "save tonight"
    Dont even try and call eagle-eye cherry a one hit wonder!!! Admittedly that was probably his biggest commercial success but he has released a lot of material (4 or 5 albums I think..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Dont even try and call eagle-eye cherry a one hit wonder!!! Admittedly that was probably his biggest commercial success but he has released a lot of material (4 or 5 albums I think..)
    ooohhh.. i sense I have touched a nerve with an eagle eye cherry fan!! Save tonight is a bit of a legendary yr6 "last-dance" disco song

ReputationRep:
    ooohhh.. i sense I have touched a nerve with an eagle eye cherry fan!! Save tonight is a bit of a legendary yr6 "last-dance" disco song
    lol! not a particularly big fan but I have got 2 of his albums! You've probably heard a song called 'falling in love again', which was the follow up single to 'save tonight', and was probably his only other major chart hit..

ReputationRep:
    Bran Van 3000 aren't one-hit wonders. Astounded was on MTV for ages. In the video you just have this couple going through clubs and a city while snogging.
    I think the song has been on so many soundtracks and adverts. You've got to listen to it.

It's on this great album:

ReputationRep:
    Neneh Cherry probably did better than him in the end...

ReputationRep:
    BranVan..... that DEFINATELY rings bells.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Neneh Cherry probably did better than him in the end...
    Yes, but she was a bit strange, wasn't she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaTTT)
    BranVan..... that DEFINATELY rings bells.
    *definitely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    *definitely
    lol die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Yes, but she was a bit strange, wasn't she?
    I guess so but she had quite a few hits at the beginning of the 90s and end of the 80s, Buffalo Stance, Manchild and more recently, she had that Man's world song. That was pretty crap though

ReputationRep:
    Ohmygosh, love that song (Bran Van 3000). "Steal My Sunshine" was great and was out around this time. "Brim full of Asha" was also very cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    and more recently, she had that Man's world song. That was pretty crap though
    She released a song with eagle-eye about 2 years ago aswell, called 'long way round'. Don't think it received much airplay though..

ReputationRep:
    Chesney Hawks "I an th one and only"
    Pure cheese it got played at my prom and everybody was dancing to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    the final countdown by europe
    Hmph! They were not one hit wonders

Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

ReputationRep:
    She released a song with eagle-eye about 2 years ago aswell, called 'long way round'. Don't think it received much airplay though..
    yeh it was goddam awful

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.