ReputationRep:
    Johnson PM
    Osbourne Chancellor
    David Davis Business
    May Foreign Sec
    Gove (?)
    Grayling()
    Hannan(?)

Off the top of my head. I have no clue yet.

Surely, we must have a cabinet that rep[resents the vote and takes us forward to leave with people what wanted to leave. I would like to see Davis doing some trade deals, maybe with Johnson. So can I have your input?

ReputationRep:
    Why would Hannan be in the cabinet? He's not even from the same party...

ReputationRep:
    maybe Mr Corbyn could be co-opted in an advisory role ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Johnson PM
    Johnson is already backpedalling and proposing that we accept freedom of movement in exchange for single market access under a Norway model. Daniel Hannan is saying the same thing.

It's a complete betrayal of the Leave voters; if that's the deal they're going to accept then we were better off in. Conservative supporters should be contacting their MPs to say that if such a deal is put into effect they will commence deselections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Why would Hannan be in the cabinet? He's not even from the same party...
    Of course he is. He's a Conservative MEP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Johnson is already backpedalling and proposing that we accept freedom of movement in exchange for single market access under a Norway model. Daniel Hannan is saying the same thing.

It's a complete betrayal of the Leave voters; if that's the deal they're going to accept then we were better off in. Conservative supporters should be contacting their MPs to say that if such a deal is put into effect they will commence deselections
    So who should we choose, David Davis, he's smart?? Gove? Grayling? What do we do if they choose remain Tories, should we call for another election soon, like Peter Hitchens says, by september(he thinks it will give us a new political paradign and parties) Or do we wait to just destroy the parties the next few years if they betray, or do we all just take our votes to UKIP? We need a united strategy, because they are going to override the people they know what's best for again.

ReputationRep:
    So who should we choose, David Davis, he's smart?? Gove? Grayling? What do we do if they choose remain Tories, should we call for another election soon, like Peter Hitchens says, by september(he thinks it will give us a new political paradign and parties) Or do we wait to just destroy the parties the next few years if they betray, or do we all just take our votes to UKIP? We need a united strategy, because they are going to override the people they know what's best for again.
    I quite like Liam Fox, and I find Gove a lot more trustworthy than Boris Johnson. But I'm a Labour member and voter and I'm afraid we're going through our own ructions at the moment as we try to get rid of the most useless opposition leader in history; I don't feel qualified to give an opinion except to say Conservatives have to hold their feet to the fire and prevent them from selling us out

ReputationRep:
    I quite like Liam Fox, and I find Gove a lot more trustworthy than Boris Johnson. But I'm a Labour member and voter and I'm afraid we're going through our own ructions at the moment as we try to get rid of the most useless opposition leader in history; I don't feel qualified to give an opinion except to say Conservatives have to hold their feet to the fire and prevent them from selling us out
    I forgot Fox. Him and Gove and David would be good. Fox would get taken seriously, and seem like a strong leader.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot Fox. Him and Gove and David would be good. Fox would get taken seriously, and seem like a strong leader.
    Absolutely. I really like him; he comes across as highly intelligent, calm and focused. I watched an excellent talk he gave at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington DC about the EU referendum and it was very informative

https://www.csis.org/events/running-...-uk-referendum

He's also strongly pro-Israel, which is important given there is a strong Arabist/Orientalist strain in the Tory Party

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. I really like him; he comes across as highly intelligent, calm and focused. I watched an excellent talk he gave at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington DC about the EU referendum and it was very informative

https://www.csis.org/events/running-...-uk-referendum

He's also strongly pro-Israel, which is important given there is a strong Arabist/Orientalist strain in the Tory Party
    Tbh I don't know I'd vote for him generally, but in this moment we need all Brexit people, and he would sure command respect. What do we do to revitalize trade links with India and China?, because I think it's lamentable that Iceland has a trade deal and apparently we don't. Could we get David Davis for business? God, I can't believe so many were even sold on the so-called 'economic argument' of remain.
    I still think they'll fob us off with remainers like Hunt and Morgan. If they try and push remain, well people died for democracy and liberty, I think that they should fear it, because all the leavers who care enough can just shut down London, or wherever else. Hope fully it won't get to that point, but we're in limbo I guess. You have any guesses as to what will go down?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I forgot Kwasi Kwarteng, he did an awesome smackdown of Obama's 'back of the queue' bs last night, he's a leaver.

Can Tory party members or anyone on the ground make a difference to the cabinet, or is it only the leader...?

I really think if we get Labour and the Tories back in their old form, full of remainers, there will have to be a new breakaway party, of Tory Leavers, because UKIP is too cartoonish and not serious. There easily enough, it would be more representative, and frankly there are so many remain Labour and Tory Blairites (and maybe Lib Dems, hate them)that believe in the same policies they could have another party. Then I suppose that would leave all the people supporting JC, the left of Labour, for another party.

ReputationRep:
    Tory leadership runners!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36671336

OK it has to be Fox or Gove, personally I'd rather Fox as I trust him to get the best deal for Brexit. My fear is that it descends into identity politics and may gets it because of being a woman. Although, I guess the Tories have been there with Thatcher.

ReputationRep:
    Tory leadership runners!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36671336

OK it has to be Fox or Gove, personally I'd rather Fox as I trust him to get the best deal for Brexit. My fear is that it descends into identity politics and may gets it because of being a woman. Although, I guess the Tories have been there with Thatcher.
    I absolutely agree that it should be eitger Fox or Gove. We need people who will get the best deals for us, agreed. We dont need to be in the single market at all. **** the single market. We need peoplecwho will take us out of the single market otherwise we're ****ed. There are other good markets out there too for us to trade with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    I absolutely agree that it should be eitger Fox or Gove. We need people who will get the best deals for us, agreed. We dont need to be in the single market at all. **** the single market. We need peoplecwho will take us out of the single market otherwise we're ****ed. There are other good markets out there too for us to trade with.
    Even the tarriffs will cost less than membership, and this will be emphasised even more if we are not bound by the EU and making our own trade arrangements.
    I want Gove in Cabinet but I think Fox maybe a tougher leader. But then maybe you want him on trade, I'd like David Davis in there on business too. I guess the people can only decide the leader though, then they select the cabinet. So I would go for someone strongly anti-EU, so they do not select a remain cabinet. They can't do that as it will be politically damaging to them. I think Fox is th best choice, I'm just worried more people will go for Gove, because of publicity, and then the vote might get split between them and May could win.

ReputationRep:
    Jacob Rees Mogg should be in there maybe David Davis and a couple of ethnic minorities aswell

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.