The Student Room Group

Friendship issues?

My two best friends went to glastonbury without me, they leave a lot of people out of their two, including myself this time.

This really hurt me, however i never said anything because i know it would cause an argument, i'm living with one of the girls next year and don't want to cause issues as i know it will. It's just made me doubt the friendship, she's hardly spoken to me since being back also…

I always get disappointed by friends like this and makes me feel like there's something wrong with me (we're all 20 years old).

I don't know what to say/how to react when someone says to me 'why didnt you go to glasto?!' because we're usually a three..
Original post by lousmithy
My two best friends went to glastonbury without me, they leave a lot of people out of their two, including myself this time.

This really hurt me, however i never said anything because i know it would cause an argument, i'm living with one of the girls next year and don't want to cause issues as i know it will. It's just made me doubt the friendship, she's hardly spoken to me since being back also…

I always get disappointed by friends like this and makes me feel like there's something wrong with me (we're all 20 years old).

I don't know what to say/how to react when someone says to me 'why didnt you go to glasto?!' because we're usually a three..

did they invite you or did they just organise it themselves and never included you? im just wondering for like buying tickets etc. cos it sells out quickly.

i understand why you dont want a potential argument, but i guess you have a choice between not saying anything and then having to let it go and move on, or saying something and getting an answer or explanation. it just depends what you want to do, yes an argument could happen, but if it bothers you that much then maybe you do need to say something to get closure.

you could approach it in a civil and calm way and just express how you feel about the situation, they might not even be aware that you feel left out. remember they arent mind readers, as much as it might be obvious that if yous all used to go together before and suddenly you didnt go, they might not realise you wanted to go in the first place. people can be a bit oblivious unfortunately.. hopefully they werent purposely excluding you.

i hope you get a resolution either way, would you like to talk more about how you feel your friends disappoint you? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending