Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That the people proving themselves so adept at using propaganda techniques, and happy to ignore a democratic mandate, are the ones on the side of keeping us in an authoritarian, undemocratic superstate project?

I know there are honest and principled leftists, some on the economic left, but a lot of the privileged cultural liberals have proved their tolerance does not run very deep, many seem to be the closest to totalitarianism we have.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, we just feel while Leave got the votes, they utterly lost the argument - made all the more plain by the fact that every Leave campaigner has already reneged on every promise they made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    Nah, we just feel while Leave got the votes, they utterly lost the argument - made all the more plain by the fact that every Leave campaigner has already reneged on every promise they made.
    I know there is so much bigger than this vote that is beyond our control, I had already prepared for remain to win, I would have been dissapointed but I wouldn't have done what so many remainers are doing. It's outrageous and it shows how many of them are just fascists who only like democracy so long as it agrees with their social and economic liberal, corporatist, globalist views.

If you want us to become a country that ignores democratic verdicts according to the diktats of spoilt primadonnas, luvvies and patronising elites who know what's best for everyone(in reality themselves) fine, but realise that if it happens, there will be insurrection. Then you will really have breakdown.

ReputationRep:
    if only the other 64% of 18-24 year olds could have got their derrières out of bed we would not be in this appalling mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    I know there is so much bigger than this vote that is beyond our control, I had already prepared for remain to win, I would have been dissapointed but I wouldn't have done what so many remainers are doing. It's outrageous and it shows how many of them are just fascists who only like democracy so long as it agrees with their social and economic liberal, corporatist, globalist views.

If you want us to become a country that ignores democratic verdicts according to the diktats of spoilt primadonnas, luvvies and patronising elites who know what's best for everyone(in reality themselves) fine, but realise that if it happens, there will be insurrection. Then you will really have breakdown.
    Nope, we should stay the country that we are, where parliament is sovereign (isn't that what Leave kept insisting?) and which governs for the public interest, not simply slaves to momentary public opinion.

That makes me a parliamentarian and a democratic. Morons who insist a single referendum result ends all argument are nothing but demagogues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    Nope, we should stay the country that we are, where parliament is sovereign (isn't that what Leave kept insisting?) and which governs for the public interest, not simply slaves to momentary public opinion.

That makes me a parliamentarian and a democratic. Morons who insist a single referendum result ends all argument are nothing but demagogues.
    lol, yeah I'm sure you would have said that if remain won, which would have sealed our fate for evermore. If they had supressed the demand, which was there in massive numbers, for a choice, then UKIP would have just grown and grown and with the divide between other parties, they would have gotten elected.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.