The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefssdf
I wish more teachers would be a bit more honest with their students ; I always think the best teachers are the ones willing to open up about their personal life as it just shows they've got a bit of a personality

Agreed. Especially form tutors, they are going to be with you for 5 years, you might as well be more open!!!

They are the best teachers... I mean, that teacher told us that she once smoked weed in Netherlands...
Like, that is the most open a teacher can be...
She also talks about her boyfriend, who she found in Dubai in the DM's...

Spoiler

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Agreed. Especially form tutors, they are going to be with you for 5 years, you might as well be more open!!!

They are the best teachers... I mean, that teacher told us that she once smoked weed in Netherlands...

Spoiler

haha yeh ; its just I know certain students who would be classed not very motivated yet in certain subjects they genuinely seem to want to learn because the teacher is willing to actually have a laugh and talk about what they did about the weekend ect

Spoiler

what do you mean by DM'S, like twitter DM's ?
Original post by Rhythmical
I find it weird, the moment you indulge in their private life, your opinion of them changes and it can just affect you. I'd feel so guilty and every time I'd look at them, it would feel creepy.

tbh i do feel quite guilty!
I wouldn't call it "stalk" but yeah, my form tutor. I don't think he'd find it weird though since my whole form and him had a pretty close relationship.

Original post by In2u
My English teacher was sending nudes to students by Facebook with fake name. No one knew it was him until a lot of parents got concerned so they reported that account to school.

What the actual hell. Disturbing as f.
Don't need to, my teachers talk about their private lives to us non-stop lmao

(not that I mind, sometimes it can be pretty interesting)
Original post by In2u
My English teacher was sending nudes to students by Facebook with fake name. No one knew it was him until a lot of parents got concerned so they reported that account to school.

wtf??? :puke:
Only to find out there first names and if they are dating other teachers!
Original post by fefssdf
haha yeh ; its just I know certain students who would be classed not very motivated yet in certain subjects they genuinely seem to want to learn because the teacher is willing to actually have a laugh and talk about what they did about the weekend ect

Yh, I see what you mean...
Original post by fefssdf
what do you mean by DM'S, like twitter DM's ?

Instagram DM's....
soooo yh, direct messages
Instagram DM's....
soooo yh, direct messages

always makes me laugh when you hear teachers talking about social media like when my teacher said she spent 3 hours on whats app one sunday and also how she is no longer friends with someone on fb cause of their poor pronoun use haha
What if you accidentally liked their pictures though :eek:
Would be awkward the next time you see them
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf
always makes me laugh when you hear teachers talking about social media like when my teacher said she spent 3 hours on whats app one sunday and also how she is no longer friends with someone on fb cause of their poor pronoun use haha

Haha... Lol yh...
Sometimes I wonder what teachers do outside school.
Then I realise they are normal human beings who turn probably turn up 24/7
Haha... Lol yh...
Sometimes I wonder what teachers do outside school.
Then I realise they are normal human beings who turn probably turn up 24/7

indeed hahah - it seems most of them just spend time on the internet lol
Original post by fefssdf
indeed hahah - it seems most of them just spend time on the internet lol

Yh, my english teacher's on it 24/7

Some cover teacher we have is on 'Match.com' 24/7
She can barely speak english and she accidentally showed us her history :rofl:
Yh, my english teacher's on it 24/7

Some cover teacher we have is on 'Match.com' 24/7
She can barely speak english and she accidentally showed us her history :rofl:

ohhhh ooops hahaha - I remember when I had a lesson for fp1 and my teacher casually had googled ' the conservative party ' and then started asking me if i voted
Original post by fefssdf
ohhhh ooops hahaha - I remember when I had a lesson for fp1 and my teacher casually had googled ' the conservative party ' and then started asking me if i voted

LMFAO!!! Seriously?:colonhash:
Wait... Did you vote conservative?
Original post by In2u

:lolwut: disturbing and hella creepy
LMFAO!!! Seriously?:colonhash:
Wait... Did you vote conservative?

hahaha and no I wasn't old enough to vote at the time so i was like ' nah i couldn't vote ' and then he was saying how its not fair how you can join the army but can't vote - I'm guessing he didn't vote for the conservatives and wanted to see what their policies were or something - it just made me laugh cause of how he literally just googled it like without even a question like ' what are their policies '
I used to think my maths teacher was really really hot (I was 16 and she was about 23) and I used to make excuses to talk to her every lesson but then I stalked her on Instagram and found out she has a boyfriend lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending