Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to UCL and Bath for my bachelor studies. I am getting more and more worried that if I meet my offer for either of these unis I won't have a place to stay since I insured Bath which means I can't book accommodation there and I missed the UCL deadline for personal reasons (one of which was silliness but not the only one). Anyhow. My question is simple; where and how should I search for accomodation in London?
    I need a place close to the uni and preferably under 250-240 pounds a week for staying there (200 ideally). I will shorty apply for the accomodation through the university in hope that some people won't meet their offers (which happens) and their places might fall in my hands but it's a risk.
    So to sum it up. What to do?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, you can find plenty of rooms in London to rent that aren't student accommodation, at the price you're looking for so do not worry!
    Also a lot of student accommodations don't completely fill up. From a friends experience they go their place in uni through clearing and still managed to get accommodation there.

If you're looking for something a bit above your price range, say 1200 per month, I'm looking for a student to rent my flat to, it's fully furnished bills included at that amazing price, and if you have a friend to rent with the cost will definitely go to your price range. It's opposite 2 blocks of student accommodation in Hale Village one minute from the victoria line. here is my post:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4224042
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by 130398)
    I have applied to UCL and Bath for my bachelor studies. I am getting more and more worried that if I meet my offer for either of these unis I won't have a place to stay since I insured Bath which means I can't book accommodation there and I missed the UCL deadline for personal reasons (one of which was silliness but not the only one). Anyhow. My question is simple; where and how should I search for accomodation in London?
    I need a place close to the uni and preferably under 250-240 pounds a week for staying there (200 ideally). I will shorty apply for the accomodation through the university in hope that some people won't meet their offers (which happens) and their places might fall in my hands but it's a risk.
    So to sum it up. What to do?
    Hello 130198,

There's no need to worry, if need be there are plenty of great private accommodations that you can choose from. We have some accommodations in London, if you'd like to check us out.

We'd love to have you stay with us, and wish you the best of luck.

Callum

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.