Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I brought my GF home watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I decided to bring my GF home with me she is Polish by the way and if you can't tell i myself am Russian but living in UK.

My dad was a little cautious of me having a Polish GF. No idea why but he told me once, "You can't trust some Polish people." I don't know why he would say this.

So I brought her to my home and my dad asked her if she could speak Russian.

She replied "No" and my dad seemed raged by this and stomped out the room.

The rest of the evening my dad was playing the Russian national anthem and that was that for that day.

Next day:
    He told me "You are no longer allowed to see your GF do you understand?"

I said "Yes"

He said "Good"

Now I really love my GF so should I listen to my dad or continue to see my GF?

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    did she squat with her heels on the floor?

ReputationRep:
    What is this?

ReputationRep:
    are you 12?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao he played the Russian national anthem, okay :rofl:

you obviously explain to your dad why you're with her and just deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Did he fight during the Battle of Warsaw?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Советский Гай)
    So I decided to bring my GF home with me she is Polish by the way and if you can't tell i myself am Russian but living in UK.

My dad was a little cautious of me having a Polish GF. No idea why but he told me once, "You can't trust some Polish people." I don't know why he would say this.

The rest of the evening my dad was playing the Russian national anthem and that was that for that day.

Next day:

I said "Yes"

He said "Good"

You didn't even put any effort in. 0/10

ReputationRep:

Next day:

I said "Yes"

He said "Good"

How old are you? Once you will get older your parents wont have any right to tell who you can and cannot live/ get married with as it is your life and your future, not theirs. I don't know why, but a lot of Lithuanian people (where I am from) don't like Polish people either. Ask your father, from which countries would he prefer your future wife to be from.

ReputationRep:
    Your Dad is a complete racist. The only hope is to set up a massive vodka drinking session where the 3 of you get completely hammered and drink multiple toasts together.

ReputationRep:
    Is your surname Putin, per chance? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2u)
    How old are you? Once you will get older your parents wont have any right to tell who you can and cannot live/ get married with as it is your life and your future, not theirs. I don't know why, but a lot of Lithuanian people (where I am from) don't like Polish people either. Ask your father, from which countries would he prefer your future wife to be from.
    I'm 16 my GF was creaped out by my dad but we are still together after that day.

I might try have a word with my dad for now but I don't knowwhy he is not so keen on me having a Polish GF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Did he fight during the Battle of Warsaw?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)
    That is beyond his time. But my dad was in the Russian Ground Forces for 10 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWV1007)
    are you 12?
    I'm 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    did she squat with her heels on the floor?
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fantastic Fan)
    What is this?
    I need to gt my dad to become more happy about my GF rather than become raged over her.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    Maybe your father thought she was Western spy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.