Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was meeting this girl last year and it didn't work out. We then rekindled and she told me she didn't anything right now but after exams we would be something. After exams came she made excuses not to see me twice an I asked her what was going on. She said she didn't want anything serious after me waiting 3 months and meeting her since and kissing. I got strung along. Didn't talk for a few days but we started again. She began to get flirty and I started to get feelings again. I then realised, why is she doing this is she doesn't want anything serious? I feel she's just making me feel like she wants me so that if she does find someone else she can just drop me and think nothing of it. I text her today saying I'm glad we're talking again but I'm still kinda bummed out about what happened and that being friends is the best manner. Have I made the right decision?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Was meeting this girl last year and it didn't work out. We then rekindled and she told me she didn't anything right now but after exams we would be something. After exams came she made excuses not to see me twice an I asked her what was going on. She said she didn't want anything serious after me waiting 3 months and meeting her since and kissing. I got strung along. Didn't talk for a few days but we started again. She began to get flirty and I started to get feelings again. I then realised, why is she doing this is she doesn't want anything serious? I feel she's just making me feel like she wants me so that if she does find someone else she can just drop me and think nothing of it. I text her today saying I'm glad we're talking again but I'm still kinda bummed out about what happened and that being friends is the best manner. Have I made the right decision?
    You've been played once already (the bit after saying that she didn't want anything serious). It's not right for her to play with your feelings if you want more. So I dunno.. either you ask her out properly and see what happens, or just block her.. doesn't seem like there's a point in being friends with her.

ReputationRep:
    Man up. This brat is playing games with you. Moral of the story: don't wait for anyone unless they earn your patience e.g. by their actions!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.