Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

for the past 6 months its felt me and this girl have been together we may swell have made it official . The day to day chats , the dates even the good morning text messages , neater of us wanted to admit how we have felt for each other .

2 weeks ago , i though i wud put a stop to this as i asked her if she wanted to be with me , she said yes but she can't due to some reasons which are uncotrllable ( which I've heard and they re legit reasons tbh ) Now as I've summed up reality for her she said if she carries on speaking to me she will become attached to me more , and tbh so will i ....

I value you her a lot and can't imagine my life without speaking to her , so we have decided to not talk as much ... Things haven't gone well we can't do it , so she's asked if we want to be friends ? she said she likes me as a friend .

I dont want to act cocky but her saying this is all ******** , how can someone go from loving me to calling me a friend overnight , I've asked if anyone has influenced this decision and she says no ( I'm certain there is )

My only way out of this is to ignore her , i can't be friends with her cos thats just ******** , but for the past 2 weeks i just can't stop thinking about her , all i want to do is speak to her , and talk things out again , but i know she can't be with me !

How do i get over her ? I've never felt this ay about a girl before and feel sick to the stomach , i know she's experiencing the same but she refuses to tell me as she believes if she does she will break the rule of not talking as much !

Thanks guys i do appreciate all feedback and thanks for reading much a huge post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    for the past 6 months its felt me and this girl have been together we may swell have made it official . The day to day chats , the dates even the good morning text messages , neater of us wanted to admit how we have felt for each other .

2 weeks ago , i though i wud put a stop to this as i asked her if she wanted to be with me , she said yes but she can't due to some reasons which are uncotrllable ( which I've heard and they re legit reasons tbh ) Now as I've summed up reality for her she said if she carries on speaking to me she will become attached to me more , and tbh so will i ....

I value you her a lot and can't imagine my life without speaking to her , so we have decided to not talk as much ... Things haven't gone well we can't do it , so she's asked if we want to be friends ? she said she likes me as a friend .

I dont want to act cocky but her saying this is all ******** , how can someone go from loving me to calling me a friend overnight , I've asked if anyone has influenced this decision and she says no ( I'm certain there is )

My only way out of this is to ignore her , i can't be friends with her cos thats just ******** , but for the past 2 weeks i just can't stop thinking about her , all i want to do is speak to her , and talk things out again , but i know she can't be with me !

How do i get over her ? I've never felt this ay about a girl before and feel sick to the stomach , i know she's experiencing the same but she refuses to tell me as she believes if she does she will break the rule of not talking as much !

Thanks guys i do appreciate all feedback and thanks for reading much a huge post
    You will definitely forget her after some time but however you need to realise that you wont have any future with her. I would suggest you to get another crush. Is there are any other girls that you like? Was this your first gf?

ReputationRep:
    • Engage emotionally | Let yourself grieve the loss of the partner/relationship. This is only natural vs. unnatural to repress it

• Acceptance | If it's ended then it's likely because you are not 'supposed to be together' e.g. at least one of you isn't right for the other

• Forgive and forget | Not always possible but almost always healthy to use the experience as an opportunity to show dignity/humanity

• No contact rule | Depending on the nature of breakup, it's often a good idea to give them/yourself some space, for a while at least

• Out of sight, out of mind | Depending on how emotionally vulnerable/insecure one is, it can be helpful to remove all traces of one's ex

• Watch out for manipulation | Human nature being as it is, it's rare for young people to make a totally clean break. Don't get sucked into games

• Avoid revenge mentality | Apart from anything else this is a total waste of energy and you risk losing the moral high ground if things get petty

• Listen to your gut | Also listen to reason e.g. consider patterns of behaviour over time, rather than just salient events/your own insecurities

• Staying friends | See above comments - few can hack it but in certain circumstances it can actually be healthy/helpful to stay on friendly terms

• Be around people | Also busy yourself, and do reach out to dependable friends and family who can support you as you bounce back

• Time heals all | What seems like the end of the world one week can be just a drop in the ocean the next. Life goes on

• Avoid alcohol/substance abuse | This is unlikely to bring you either physical or psychological stability, which is just what you need!

• Talk to other potentials | When you're ready (not if you're still full of angst/in a beta or 'victim complex' mindset)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    x

Wats goood bruh! Your like the second best game thread person in the history of TSR...
    Right after spotify95 that's mad you know

ReputationRep:
    do whatever you think is right :dontknow:

(Original post by In2u)
    You will definitely forget her after some time but however you need to realise that you wont have any future with her. I would suggest you to get another crush. Is there are any other girls that you like? Was this your first gf?
    no I've had a fair few relationships as I'm 23 , but I've honestly never felt this way before lool , thanks tho !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no I've had a fair few relationships as I'm 23 , but I've honestly never felt this way before lool , thanks tho !

Welcome!! You're still young so you have looooads of time to find the perfect girlfriend who probably wont act as stupid as your last one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    • Engage emotionally | Let yourself grieve the loss of the partner/relationship. This is only natural vs. unnatural to repress it

• Acceptance | If it's ended then it's likely because you are not 'supposed to be together' e.g. at least one of you isn't right for the other

• Forgive and forget | Not always possible but almost always healthy to use the experience as an opportunity to show dignity/humanity

• No contact rule | Depending on the nature of breakup, it's often a good idea to give them/yourself some space, for a while at least

• Out of sight, out of mind | Depending on how emotionally vulnerable/insecure one is, it can be helpful to remove all traces of one's ex

• Watch out for manipulation | Human nature being as it is, it's rare for young people to make a totally clean break. Don't get sucked into games

• Avoid revenge mentality | Apart from anything else this is a total waste of energy and you risk losing the moral high ground if things get petty

• Listen to your gut | Also listen to reason e.g. consider patterns of behaviour over time, rather than just salient events/your own insecurities

• Staying friends | See above comments - few can hack it but in certain circumstances it can actually be healthy/helpful to stay on friendly terms

• Be around people | Also busy yourself, and do reach out to dependable friends and family who can support you as you bounce back

• Time heals all | What seems like the end of the world one week can be just a drop in the ocean the next. Life goes on

• Avoid alcohol/substance abuse | This is unlikely to bring you either physical or psychological stability, which is just what you need!

• Talk to other potentials | When you're ready (not if you're still full of angst/in a beta or 'victim complex' mindset)
    PRSOM, very helpful for those going through break ups

(Original post by In2u)
    Welcome!! You're still young so you have looooads of time to find the perfect girlfriend who probably wont act as stupid as your last one.
    Ha thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.