Any negotiations must inculde an immigration overahul Watch

Tortle
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
*overhaul

Otherwise it will be Brexit-Lite.

I like the idea of a points based system.
JamesN88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haha, people have been sold down the river.

We can't have points based immigration and the single market, so we're not getting points based immigration.

We'll end up with Brexit-lite and EU-lite.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I suspect the Conservatives will put the single market ahead of immigration controls. So there is going to be a lot of angry leave voters when they discover they are still outcompeted in the labour market by unskilled Europeans who barely speak any English.
BasicMistake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Free Movement of Labour ∈ Single market

You decide.
Saoirse:3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
I suspect the Conservatives will put the single market ahead of immigration controls. So there is going to be a lot of angry leave voters when they discover they are still outcompeted in the labour market by unskilled Europeans who barely speak any English.
Sorry, but if you're outcompeted by someone with no skills who can't speak English you probably aren't a very attractive employee regardless of immigration law.
drogon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We cant have it all sorry. And we're definitely not getting a points based system lol. The EU are going to be very harsh to deter other countries planning to leave.
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Saoirse:3)
Sorry, but if you're outcompeted by someone with no skills who can't speak English you probably aren't a very attractive employee regardless of immigration law.
Exactly, but I've heard the argument so many times by those who wanted to leave the EU.
Maker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
If the Tories have to choose between access to the single market for their company director friends or working class poor hit by cheap migrant labour, there is no contest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads