Is Lovefilm any good? Watch

Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So, I've been using Netflix for some time. They've increased the price and the selection of films isn't that good, imo. They don't have anything that modern on there. I've just looked up Lovefilm.

Now, I know that Lovefilm by post (not really looked up instant) is a bit more expensive; but the films are far more up to date.

So, is it worth paying that little bit extra for Lovefilm?
fr0sr_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
So, I've been using Netflix for some time. They've increased the price and the selection of films isn't that good, imo. They don't have anything that modern on there. I've just looked up Lovefilm.

Now, I know that Lovefilm by post (not really looked up instant) is a bit more expensive; but the films are far more up to date.

So, is it worth paying that little bit extra for Lovefilm?
In my experiences - no it isn't any good.Admittedly I used the service years ago - but the disk condition of the films was piss poor, films weren't all that great and obviously you're limited to how many films you get a month. (I assume it still works this way.)I'd say instead of using Lovefilm, give NowTV a try. Either the film pass or the TV one.
http://www.nowtv.com/
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
(Original post by fr0sr_)
In my experiences - no it isn't any good.Admittedly I used the service years ago - but the disk condition of the films was piss poor, films weren't all that great and obviously you're limited to how many films you get a month. (I assume it still works this way.)I'd say instead of using Lovefilm, give NowTV a try. Either the film pass or the TV one.
Thanks. By post, it's 4, which really isn't a huge amount.
fr0sr_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
Thanks. By post, it's 4, which really isn't a huge amount.
Is that the standard amount?Back at the start it was either one, two or as many as you want I think? Pricing differed of course.
But yeah, give NowTV a look - a free trial is available for both "passes" - whether you can redeem both on one account (I believe it's linked to your bank details, which is needs to start the 2 week trial..) is anyones guess. - Worth a punt though.
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
(Original post by fr0sr_)
Is that the standard amount?Back at the start it was either one, two or as many as you want I think? Pricing differed of course.
But yeah, give NowTV a look - a free trial is available for both "passes" - whether you can redeem both on one account (I believe it's linked to your bank details, which is needs to start the 2 week trial..) is anyones guess. - Worth a punt though.
Yeah, it's the standard amount.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had LoveFilm for a while but it was pretty bad. No one in my house ever used is so we ended up cancelling. Sky Movies wasn't great either, it's the same films constantly repeated until they get a new set going. That's also partly why I wasn't such a fan of NowTV, and I ended up cancelling that as it wasn't worth the money. The customer service was also kind of crappy. Netflix is definitely my favourite
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (229)
72.24%
Jeremy Hunt (88)
27.76%

Watched Threads