The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Yeah Avenged Sevenfold at the worlds largest 'exclusively metal' festival....
If you don't like it then go to Hellfest or Metal Camp instead. I don't think I could bear to sweat it out for another week in Germany tbh.
Most of the line up is pretty ace, just a couple of bands that make you go 'huh!?'
Reply 1783
SmilerNuts
If you don't like it then go to Hellfest or Metal Camp instead. I don't think I could bear to sweat it out for another week in Germany tbh.

I won't be going anywhere this summer :p: Stuck in Aberdeen working and with no passport :frown:

Fancy coming back up for Deenfest...?

I have been listening to Feeding the Abscess by Martyr.... tis the kind of masterpiece Death would have been proud of
Reply 1784
On the plus side I have just remembered every festival needs a good bottling... A7X get the honours there methinks :wink:
Reply 1785
Moogen
Sorry - never listened to any.

On another note - UK Unholy Alliance Dates have been announced. Slayer and Trivium co-headlining with support from Mastodon. I wonder why Trivium are co-headlining the UK dates but are only special guests on the rest of the tour? High UK demand for Trivium?

Here's the tour dates for those who are interested:

October
27 Manchester Arena, Manchester
28 NEC, Birmingham
30 Hammersmith Apollo, London
31 Hammersmith Apollo, London

November
02 CIA, Cardiff
03 SECC Hall 3, Glasgow

Tickets go on sale next Wednesday.
Keeno89
I won't be going anywhere this summer :p: Stuck in Aberdeen working and with no passport :frown:

Fancy coming back up for Deenfest...?

I have been listening to Feeding the Abscess by Martyr.... tis the kind of masterpiece Death would have been proud of

You finally got a job? :eek:

When's Deenfest again? That's the unsigned bands thing right?

akmd
Here's the tour dates for those who are interested:

October
27 Manchester Arena, Manchester
28 NEC, Birmingham
30 Hammersmith Apollo, London
31 Hammersmith Apollo, London

November
02 CIA, Cardiff
03 SECC Hall 3, Glasgow

Tickets go on sale next Wednesday.

Cheers for that dude :yy:

Doubt I'll be going though. The lineup looked much better last time round. Only 3 bands this year?
SmilerNuts

Cheers for that dude :yy:

Doubt I'll be going though. The lineup looked much better last time round. Only 3 bands this year?

There will be a 4th band, apparently to be announced on Monday!
LouLou815
There will be a 4th band, apparently to be announced on Monday!

Aha, excellent! Any rumours as to who it might be?
SmilerNuts
Aha, excellent! Any rumours as to who it might be?

I haven't heard any so far unfortunatly. With any luck it's someone decent, otherwise i'll only be going for Slayer and Mastodon!
Reply 1790
SmilerNuts

Where's your job then beeyatch? You have been jobhunting since April so you can't talk :p:

Deenfest is Sunday 31st August - £10 for a ticket... Nah it's mostly signed bands now by the looks of it.

The lineup has changed since last time i checked but it currently stands at Shaped By Fate, Your Demise, Azriel, Evita, My Minds Weapon, Your Fears, Kill All Celebrities and Allstationsdown.

Admittedly from that lineup I would only really want to go see MMW and Evita and maybe Shaped By Fate but it might change again...
SmilerNuts

I really want to go to Metal Camp, but this year its Graspop and Bloodstock for me.

:eek:
That is beyond cheesy!
Reply 1794
Confirming Black Metal is the campest genre ever :p: btw are they black metal...? Cos the production sounds too good and the vocals are a bit different from the norm... Must admit I like it though :smile:
Reply 1795
That's not the best from the new album btw...
Keeno89
Confirming Black Metal is the campest genre ever :p: btw are they black metal...? Cos the production sounds too good and the vocals are a bit different from the norm... Must admit I like it though :smile:

You're such a cheese addict.
Keeno89
Where's your job then beeyatch? You have been jobhunting since April so you can't talk :p:

Deenfest is Sunday 31st August - £10 for a ticket... Nah it's mostly signed bands now by the looks of it.

The lineup has changed since last time i checked but it currently stands at Shaped By Fate, Your Demise, Azriel, Evita, My Minds Weapon, Your Fears, Kill All Celebrities and Allstationsdown.

Admittedly from that lineup I would only really want to go see MMW and Evita and maybe Shaped By Fate but it might change again...

Lol I was told yesterday I was gonna be offered a job til the senior management intervened cause apparently they didn't like me! :biggrin: Stupid Lloyds. What are you working as?

Chogg's always banging on about Azriel, My Minds Weapon were alright last time I saw them, Allstationsdown are pretty famous locally I think and Shaped By Fate might be ok. The rest I've never heard of :s-smilie: As long as it's not a bunch of pussy emo bands then I'm up for it.
Sing-in-silence
I really want to go to Metal Camp, but this year its Graspop and Bloodstock for me.

Yeah, I saw the Graspop lineup and wished I had a job! Let us know how it is. Bloodstock doesn't look overly impressive cause I've already seen everyone there that I wanna see.
Reply 1799
SmilerNuts
Lol I was told yesterday I was gonna be offered a job til the senior management intervened cause apparently they didn't like me! :biggrin: Stupid Lloyds. What are you working as?

Chogg's always banging on about Azriel, My Minds Weapon were alright last time I saw them, Allstationsdown are pretty famous locally I think and Shaped By Fate might be ok. The rest I've never heard of :s-smilie: As long as it's not a bunch of pussy emo bands then I'm up for it.

I can't blame the management at Llyods either :wink: That is pretty shocking Steve.... I was offered 2 jobs on Wednesday alone :p: Working in the Lemon Tree

Allstationsdown are the only band there who are not really metal... it's synth screamo and personally I hate it.

Right... Shaped By Fate are fairly decent metalcore band, Azriel... passible hardcore band, MMW were OK at As I Lay Dying, Evita are a pretty decend band, suppose they are metalcore too, Your Demise and Your Fears are both hardcore bands and Kill All Celebritries are... just pretty terrible deathcore wannabes by the sounds of it

Latest