The Student Room Group
Knight-Errant
So I paid for a DVD 3 days ago now and I've emailed the guy to ask him if he's received payment, got my address (he asked me for it) and shipped the DVD. He hasn't replied and I've emailed him twice to each of his two accounts (one for ebay one other email address he used). Should I report him?

:eek: no, its far too soon. Just wait and see. I have brought things and waited over a month for them. This happens a lot. I have never had any problems with buying items its just non paying bidders. :mad: . Don't report yet. Wait for at least one / two weeks and if no reply you can then get in contact with ebay where they will give the telephone number of the seller (if they have it) if not then give negative feedback.
Knight-Errant
So I paid for a DVD 3 days ago now and I've emailed the guy to ask him if he's received payment, got my address (he asked me for it) and shipped the DVD. He hasn't replied and I've emailed him twice to each of his two accounts (one for ebay one other email address he used). Should I report him?

Not yet, at all.. depends how you paid him. If you paid him by cheque, many sellers wait until it clears.

OR he might be a seller that only sends items out on one day, so if you missed it that week, u may need to wait for the next day. Check the details on the item page, and see whether it indicates these. A

Also if he is a BIG seller, and has a lot to sell, then it may be simply organising to send to you. After 3 days, to report someone is not fair. I would give it a week after payment, and then you can get his phone number from ebay, try that. If there is no resolution then report...
Yea, you should be a bit more impatient. Are you an ebay-n00b?
Reply 4
Mostly from sellers and the few from buyers say he's good and responsive, here's a link:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewFeedback&userid=starman&items=25
Reply 5
Yes, I'm an ebay noob, I payed by paypal and I only asked him if he had my address and had shipped the DVD. I think he should be able to tell me that.
Knight-Errant
Mostly from sellers and the few from buyers say he's good and responsive, here's a link:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewFeedback&userid=starman&items=25
Well, he lives in the United States so don't be surprised if it takes at least 2 weeks for something to be delivered. Also, he seems quite an old ebayer and hasn't used ebay for some time now. Still, I would wait a few more days before contacting him again. You can request ebay to give you his phone number but it may be old and it will cost you quite a bit to phone him! Normally with sellers who have less than 50 positive feedbacks, I usually wait until they have replied back before sending my payment via Paypal, just in case.
Reply 7
Yeah, he replied loads of times asking me to pay. I finally did and he's not contacted me.
Knight-Errant
Yeah, he replied loads of times asking me to pay. I finally did and he's not contacted me.

Well, it may be best to prepare for the worst. I'd give it 2 or 3 days, e-mail him a few times and if he doesn't reply like 2 weeks after you paid, I'd contact ebay and report him.
Reply 9
Knight-Errant

nO HE MIGHT be sound enough, you never know|

Latest

Trending

Trending