Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if remain won the referendum by 51% would there be calls for another referendum? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Would there? Ofc not

ReputationRep:
    Probably since before the results even came in Farage was getting his excuses ready citing voter fraud (pencil votes), and the fact that deadline to register was extended by 2 days. and 49% of the electorate being unhappy with the result would mean a lot of people would be moaning about it.

This referendum should have required a supermajority for such a large decision. And some people are unhappy that the a leave campaign have already backtracked over multiple promises that were made I.e. The phantom £350 million NHS money, free movement of people STILL since we'd be in the EEA etc

ReputationRep:
    As a leaver i bet there'd be calls for a referendum in the future after circumstances have evolved to make leave more favourable (just as the scots have done) but it wouldn't be a whiny cry baby 'no fair we didn't get the result we want' mentality.

ReputationRep:
    Why make this thread if you already knew the answer? Are you just looking for arguments?

ReputationRep:
    There would still be calls for another referendum lol - think about it, 1% is about a difference of about 1m which is very small compared to the total amount of people that voted for leave or remain. Basically, there would still be a large amount of upset people. Same sh*t

(Original post by Justarationalboy)
    Would there? Ofc not
    Yes. Farage said before the referendum that if remain narrowly won, then there should be another referendum. And I said at the time that whichever side won, we shouldn't have another referendum.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly not, the vast majority of parliament want remain. it's ludicrous and they are behaving petulantly, bunch of jokers, turning us into a joke nation, as we would be if they shackled us to that protectionist, bureaucratic monolith for all time.

ReputationRep:
    Ofc not. Remain are angry cause theyve been raised in a society where everyone wins and everyone is told they can get their own way.

ReputationRep:
    well seeing as the petition for a second one was started by a leave voter I'm going to say yes

My computer voted no.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.