Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I study accounting and finance at Coventry University and am in my first year. I had 8 modules this year and failed one. I resat this module but have failed it again. My mark is 36% and i needed to get 40% to pass. Does anyone know what will happen now? Will i be allowed to go into the second year as i was only 4% off?

ReputationRep:
    Just to add i passed the exam part and only failed the coursework which made me fail the module overall with 36% instead of 40%.

ReputationRep:
    I know quite a few people who were in a similar boat as you during their first year when I was at University. The module leaders gave them alternative options on how to progress onto their second year. Some of them included retaking that one module you failed through to second year i.e. you would have to complete the whole module again in your second year with your second year modules, or they chose a different course. Second year does get harder so I suggest really think about what you want to do. Hope this helped.

ReputationRep:
    Read the course handbook and academic regulations to get definitive answers. Unis/departments/modules will vary. No point listening to other peoples' experiences unless their situation is the same as yours.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by unistudent189)
    Hi all,

I study accounting and finance at Coventry University and am in my first year. I had 8 modules this year and failed one. I resat this module but have failed it again. My mark is 36% and i needed to get 40% to pass. Does anyone know what will happen now? Will i be allowed to go into the second year as i was only 4% off?
    It looks like they have discretion to condone it i.e let you proceed if the module was a max of 20 credits. You should really talk to your department, tutor or someone in the SU.

http://www.coventry.ac.uk/Documents/...0Framework.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you all.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.