Turn on thread page Beta

Where to get currency converted? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I need to change some Sterling into Euros; does it matter where I do this (in terms of getting the most for my money) or is it roughly the same most places? Where do you recommend I convert it?

ReputationRep:
    Post Office are good, and usually have plenty in stock and charge no commission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    I need to change some Sterling into Euros; does it matter where I do this (in terms of getting the most for my money) or is it roughly the same most places? Where do you recommend I convert it?
    at a bank? just a guess

ReputationRep:
    bank/post office/travel agents

ReputationRep:
    Post Office definitely. They don't charge you and if you happen to have quite a bit left over after your holiday or whatever, bring your receipt and they will change it back to £s for free.

ReputationRep:
    So ****ing smart aren't you Dazya

So, I should change it all in the UK and take it with me ? Or should I keep some and change it up over there (in Germany) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Post Office are good, and usually have plenty in stock and charge no commission.
    i often find post office's exchange rate abit higher than others tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    Post Office definitely. They don't charge you and if you happen to have quite a bit left over after your holiday or whatever, bring your receipt and they will change it back to £s for free.
    Ooooh thanks for your help !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    So ****ing smart aren't you Dazya

So, I should change it all in the UK and take it with me ? Or should I keep some and change it up over there (in Germany) ?
    hi to you too

ReputationRep:
    Greetings
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I always find the coop/travelcare do a good deal....usually no commision if you're exchanging enough and their reates are usually much better than the post office or any bank rates (banks will only usually change money if you have an account with them and their rates are usually ok but they charge commission unless it's included as a bonus of your current account - and they don;t normally have it in the branch but have to order it in).

ReputationRep:
    if you are planning to exchange quite alot of money go to thomas cook

ReputationRep:
    Marks and Spencer. Commisson free. Good rates

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.