Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Year 13s, what will you miss and what are you glad to see the back of? watch

ReputationRep:
    Now that just about everybody has finished exams, I just wanted to throw this question out there

ReputationRep:
    I'll miss free education.

ReputationRep:
    I will miss aa small minority of people in my sixth form, who can take offensive jokes.

Other than that, I will certainly not look back and enjoy freedom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by highestmountain)
    Now that just about everybody has finished exams, I just wanted to throw this question out there
    I'll definitely miss my routine of going to my school. My high school had a sixth form, so I spent 7 years there. It feels a bit weird to not go back to the same place I've been coming back to every year for such a significant portion of my life. I'll definitely miss some of my teachers too, we had such a good support network within the staff in our school.

I definitely won't miss the people. My year was full of stuck up a-holes and people who thought that the best way to spend their life is to make fun of others

ReputationRep:
    glad to see the back of my college in general - the journey in was so long (over an hour by the bus) and I wasn't ever that close to anyone there so I'm glad I've finally left. But i will miss the teachers there - really supportive and laid back (in the good way), most of them were always willing to mark extra work in the lead up to exams which helped me so much.

ReputationRep:
    will miss 0. Year 13 has been the worst year of my life, honestly. Get me to university where i'm not treated like a child and have amazing freedom

ReputationRep:
    I'll miss the banter in my english and maths lessons and I'll miss being around lovely ( on the most part ) people. I will also miss some of my teachers actually -_-...

I won't miss coming to form and sitting there was 20 mins staring into space and having to hear a prayer read out every morning either...

I won't miss being around certain individuals who cared more about when they were going to be getting a car over what grades they got ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danuuutka)
    I'll definitely miss my routine of going to my school. My high school had a sixth form, so I spent 7 years there. It feels a bit weird to not go back to the same place I've been coming back to every year for such a significant portion of my life. I'll definitely miss some of my teachers too, we had such a good support network within the staff in our school.

I definitely won't miss the people. My year was full of stuck up a-holes and people who thought that the best way to spend their life is to make fun of others
    I know I worry that at uni cause you get less contact hours that I might feel a bit lost. I like the routine of having lessons every day as I know how to organise my time but say if I keep having how morning where there isn't anything on my timetable I'm going to have to put more effort into organising myself ... but then again I should be in catered accommodation so at least i have a structure for when to have my meals which should help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wingsly)
    glad to see the back of my college in general - the journey in was so long (over an hour by the bus) and I wasn't ever that close to anyone there so I'm glad I've finally left. But i will miss the teachers there - really supportive and laid back (in the good way), most of them were always willing to mark extra work in the lead up to exams which helped me so much.
    ah yeh I feel you concerning the teacher part as some my teachers seemed more stressed then us about getting the grades so it will be a shame to not see them again... An hour on a bus seems really draining ... lucky I can walk in and it only takes like 10 mins

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'm going to miss anything at all. Probably, just the banter in the classroom in a friendly teaching environment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly so glad I've left school now, I hated my school. As with my friends, I'll still see them so its all good.

ReputationRep:
    I will miss my friends and the banter in class
    that's all

ReputationRep:
    I got pretty attatched to my college as I was there for 3 years (year 14 now). Sounds ridiculous to some but I really enjoyed every minute of it. Ill definitely miss all my teachers as they were honestly the best teachers I could have ever asked for. The support & guidance they offered was A++++. The whole class atmosphere in all my a level classes was always great. Joking about, having a laugh every now and instead of everyone being grumpy because they're there.

These 3 years were honestly the best 3 years I've spent in education so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    I'm honestly so glad I've left school now, I hated my school. As with my friends, I'll still see them so its all good.
    Same, (apart from the fact that I didn't even have any friends in my school to begin with 👽).

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.