Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm having trouble completing my CV, as I have little experience or anything I could think of to write. I am trying to apply for temporary summer job, but I don't have a certain job in mind, but most likely retail..

Here is a link to my CV.:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4G...ew?usp=sharing

I have no idea what to write in my personal summary (the beginning)I have some ideas such as that I am hard working person, as well as being nominated for awards at my school for having perfect attendance, punctuality and work effort. I have good manners, and have said to be a positive influence by teachers, and I am a friendly person

Then I have trouble writing my work experience. I have worked as a kitchen assistant where I had to follow orders from my other members of my team to fetch food and put them in the fryer, package food and give them out to the correct customers, cleaning and making sure the area is clean, observing ingredients and making sure to replenish the ingredients at the cooking table, and restocking ingredients/ drinks.

Finally I am not sure what to write in my interest, but these are some ideas I have thought about.
    I am a moderator for a group chat for a small iOS game group/ kpop chat room.
    I like skincare.
    I can't really think of any interest that I could include in my CV at all (

Anyways, all efforts are appreciated!!!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Username 11)
    I'm having trouble completing my CV, as I have little experience or anything I could think of to write. I am trying to apply for temporary summer job, but I don't have a certain job in mind, but most likely retail..

Here is a link to my CV.:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4G...ew?usp=sharing

I have no idea what to write in my personal summary (the beginning)I have some ideas such as that I am hard working person, as well as being nominated for awards at my school for having perfect attendance, punctuality and work effort. I have good manners, and have said to be a positive influence by teachers, and I am a friendly person

Then I have trouble writing my work experience. I have worked as a kitchen assistant where I had to follow orders from my other members of my team to fetch food and put them in the fryer, package food and give them out to the correct customers, cleaning and making sure the area is clean, observing ingredients and making sure to replenish the ingredients at the cooking table, and restocking ingredients/ drinks.

Finally I am not sure what to write in my interest, but these are some ideas I have thought about.
    I am a moderator for a group chat for a small iOS game group/ kpop chat room.
    I like skincare.
    I can't really think of any interest that I could include in my CV at all (

Anyways, all efforts are appreciated!!!
    I've never included interests on my CV, so you could take that bit off as it doesnt really add anything to it.
    Would you consider being head admin as voluntary experience? if so you could put that under voluntary work?
    You can just keep your personal statement short and snappy; like "diligent, punctual a level student who prides their self on providing good customer service".
    You should try and expand on your job as a kitchen assistant, so talk about team work and how you ensured customers received orders in a timely manner and all of the things you've mentioned above. If you used the till at any point mention that too.

ReputationRep:
    The personal profile should explain what type of opportunity you are looking for, if you are going to have one at all. Statements about your personal traits are a bit cliched and unsupported, so focus on what you are looking for and then how your traits suit that type of role (this should obviously change with different applications).

Put the kitchen assistant job title on the same line as the dates you have worked. Explain if it was full time or part time, and if the latter explain how many hours you worked a week, even if it's an average.

Explain your role as the admin further. Not everyone will know what this is. Explain your responsibilities, skills developed etc.

Delivering food rather than deliver food. It doesn't need a comma after packaging food. The duplication of the word correct is not needed - change it to "delivering food to the correct customers".

Don't need the comma after area in the third bullet point in your work experience.

Guessing the other bullet points need to be completed but you have purposely kept detail out for the purposes of sharing on here. Make sure that those bullet points are clear.

In your academic section, in the GCSE section you need a colon after the years so it is consistent with the other date formats.

You can keep your interests in because they show achievement or responsibility or commitment. Have you got anything similar (arts/sports/volunteer work/fundraising) that you could also include? I wouldn't add the skincare thing unless you can link it to an achievement/responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You need to post it into CV helper section of TSR. By day way, good effort making that CV, just need few adjustment and expand you experience more. If summer job didn't work out, try volunteering and it will help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I've never included interests on my CV, so you could take that bit off as it doesnt really add anything to it.
    Would you consider being head admin as voluntary experience? if so you could put that under voluntary work?
    You can just keep your personal statement short and snappy; like "diligent, punctual a level student who prides their self on providing good customer service".
    You should try and expand on your job as a kitchen assistant, so talk about team work and how you ensured customers received orders in a timely manner and all of the things you've mentioned above. If you used the till at any point mention that too.

OMGGGG I never thought about putting head admin as voluntary expeirence!! thanks for that.
    Yup I am currently doing that right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    The personal profile should explain what type of opportunity you are looking for, if you are going to have one at all. Statements about your personal traits are a bit cliched and unsupported, so focus on what you are looking for and then how your traits suit that type of role (this should obviously change with different applications).

Put the kitchen assistant job title on the same line as the dates you have worked. Explain if it was full time or part time, and if the latter explain how many hours you worked a week, even if it's an average.

Explain your role as the admin further. Not everyone will know what this is. Explain your responsibilities, skills developed etc.

Delivering food rather than deliver food. It doesn't need a comma after packaging food. The duplication of the word correct is not needed - change it to "delivering food to the correct customers".

Don't need the comma after area in the third bullet point in your work experience.

Guessing the other bullet points need to be completed but you have purposely kept detail out for the purposes of sharing on here. Make sure that those bullet points are clear.

In your academic section, in the GCSE section you need a colon after the years so it is consistent with the other date formats.

You can keep your interests in because they show achievement or responsibility or commitment. Have you got anything similar (arts/sports/volunteer work/fundraising) that you could also include? I wouldn't add the skincare thing unless you can link it to an achievement/responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemoshish)
    You need to post it into CV helper section of TSR. By day way, good effort making that CV, just need few adjustment and expand you experience more. If summer job didn't work out, try volunteering and it will help you.
    Oh thanks for telling me, i'm new to TSR. I'm currently applying for volunteering at the same time haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.