The Student Room Group

Subject topic you hated at school or never understood?

Scroll to see replies

Just Science in general:frown: I literally just had no clue whatsoever, how I scraped Cs in my GCSE core and additional exams I will never know....
English Literature
Reply 22
Oh gosh don't even get me started on that :banghead:
I hate the entirety of PE.

But topic wise:-

Vectors and differentiation in maths
Magnetism in physics
Calculations in chemistry

There are probably others but I can't think of any more right now.
Drama, Art, PE, RE, all the normal ones
Still vague on AQA P3 Electromagnets and all that motor effect crap. There's a few others I'll add later...
Original post by niv1234
I hate the entirety of PE.

But topic wise:-

Vectors and differentiation in maths
Magnetism in physics
Calculations in chemistry

There are probably others but I can't think of any more right now.

Original post by xxVENUSx
Drama, Art, PE, RE, all the normal ones

I see you have an influence in this forum
Reply 27
Original post by Ella_08
So learning about the world we live in is not interesting? :s-smilie:

Original post by Ella_08
Physics, i had no clue what i was doing

Contradiction?
Hmm im guessing this is when you were forced to do rugby :holmes:
More offensive than your bus driver?
french and german
hated both

Spoiler

Reply 31
Physics lol.... it wasn't even any specific topics, the whole subject was just a ball of confusion with a giant question mark on it for me
Original post by Naomeyz_01
The topic am really struggling to understand is TRIGONOMETRY! whenever I see that topic I just give up and literally turn the page:o:o:redface:
I FIND IT EXTREMELY HARD TO UNDERSTAND!
All i see is triangles with angles in them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ecology. Struggled to see the point of it or why I spent lessons in the rain counting grass in a plastic rectangle. Apparently biology is a requirement for most MedSchools sigh....

Used probably one piece of a level info in my whole degree so far
English Literature!
What's the actual point in it?!
Stupid!
I hated nearly all subjects

Biology - Never understood this, the textbook was full of contradictions and it was so boring.

Chemistry - This was quite confusing, my school taught us the entire content in two months.

History - So boring

ICT - Completely useless, although I never did the work so I can't say for sure, but it seemed useless.

English Literature - I could never understand symbolism and hate reading fictional texts in general.

Art - So useless, why do I need to draw when I know I'm crap anyway.

D&T - I just couldn't do anything in these lessons, I even failed at making a box. Everything I did was wonky and the teachers made it worse. One teacher thought it was a good idea to set homework where we had to make something out of wood at home, so I got loads of low levels in year 7-9.

PE - I could never figure out how to do that thing where you put one leg in front of the other really quickly.
Dance is a form of PE. You dance. I hate anything to do with PE. I hate anything to do with gymnastics or dance.
Friends.
Original post by B_9710
Contradiction?

nah, they're two completely different subjects. Some parts of physics i love but others i hate like forces, electric circuits and 'half lives', whilst i love all of geography
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kholmes1
Dance is a form of PE. You dance. I hate anything to do with PE. I hate anything to do with gymnastics or dance.

I'm with you there :yy: rounders was the worst
english language :angry:

literature was actually ok

Quick Reply

Latest