m1d12563
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i am stuck on whether to chose french or sports studies for my gcses. i would like to be a vet when i leave, which subject will benefit me more?
username2459871
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
French.
luciie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by m1d12563)
i am stuck on whether to chose french or sports studies for my gcses. i would like to be a vet when i leave, which subject will benefit me more?
Do French :france:
BrianMcEgg
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sports studies doesn't sound like a very prestigious subject in comparison to French, but if you do French be prepared to learn a lot of vocabulary
In2u
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by m1d12563)
Choose the one which would make you achieve higher grades. Grade A in sports would be more useful than grade C in French if you don't like it.
sulaimanali
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree with the person above ^ somewhat. However, I know lots of people in my year who didn't like taking SS because of the useless theory. I would say French is better as a language is always highly regarded. I don't see you needing to run after hundreds of animals all the time or know how the heart is affected of an animal.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
Grade and the one you enjoy first as long as thats the only soft subject you are doing. Also its only GCSE.
Cambridge is the only one that specifies a foreign language. the others are more bothered about sciences and maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (31)
11.36%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (153)
56.04%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (41)
15.02%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (42)
15.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
2.2%

Watched Threads