Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone,Please can you help me with my query.Due to my difficulties in HE caused by my disability, my GP has recommended that I am housed in ensuite accomodation.I understand that this used to be under the remit of DSA, where the additional costs between standard and ensuite accomodation would be funded by DSA.However, unfortunately, at my needs assessment, I was advised that enhanced accomodation was no longer provided for through the DSA.Could you please advise me what the procedure is now about the provision of extra accomodation costs due to a disability? Is it the responsibility of the HEI to fund the additional costs, do the Equality Act (2010)?Or are there any other sources of funding to cover the extra costs?I would be grateful if you could please advise me, or sign post me to relevant websites which provide information on this.Also, there must be students who were half way through their course when funding for enhanced accomodation was stopped by DSA. What happened to them? Surely they did not just lose their funding?The extra charge really is a concern for me, especially given that I am at a Uni where accomodation costs are rising significantly every year! Thank you for any help,DailyMailIsALiar
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.