Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it's not a requirement to declare UMS scores but my teacher told me I should for some reason,

Would the following UMS marks for Maths be okay for PPE?

C1: 97
    C2: 87
    C3: 89
    M1: 100
    M2: 78

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected with almost a 100% in Physics, Maths, Biology and Chemistry *, so it depends.
    *I performed poorly on their entrance exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    I was rejected with almost a 100% in Physics, Maths, Biology and Chemistry *, so it depends.
    *I performed poorly on their entrance exam.
    Oh that's interesting, thank you

Sorry to hear about that rejection!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    The only thing Oxford says about UMS is that they don't use it mechanistically... which is quite vague. Honestly, I don't think there's a huge amount of point in giving your UMS unless it gives them information that isn't really communicated by your module grades alone (e.g. if you got nearly full marks in most of your modules). So in your case I really don't see a compelling reason to give the UMS scores. Definitely do not put them in your personal statement.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.