Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have known this person for five years he is your typical popular boy handsome bully he manipulates people mucks up stuff for people is arrogant and quite honestly not a nice person. However I went through a phase of liking him but it was more a case of liking the idea of hating before loving.

He could sometimes be funny even though he was an idiot which was incredibly irritating and sometimes be an alright person. I could never decipher whether he was an evil person or simply someone who felt they had to fit themselves to a particular way to hide himself as make him appear the stronger one.

The other night was the last time I was ever going to see him as I was moving on into a new stage of my life but he didn't know it was the last time.I have alway been nervous acting confident around him even though I pretend otherwise but the other night I felt entirely confident and felt that I had nothing to lose so I walked up to him and said: "I have been meaning to tell you this for five years" he then stood up from sitting down and strangely I could look at him straight in the eye put my hands on my hips and really calmly said "I think you're a ******* ****" he then asked me to repeat it and he suddenly looked really scared and really quietly said "why"I then replied "I think it's just your overall personality really" he then said really apologetically"oh ok alright" and I later saw him walk really fast into the bathroom looking really upset.

Afterwards it felt incredibly good I couldn't believe I had finally done it but now I feel like a complete and utter ***** and a hypocrite as well as me feeling like a more horrible person than him and I feel so horribly guilty. My friends think it's absolutely great and think I'm being silly for worrying over it. But I've never seen him in such a weak position and looking so apologetic I even thought I was going to make him cry.

Being horrible Is entirely opposite to me and now I have overthought the situation I have that horrible feeling you get in your stomach and I even feel like crying. I know I'm not going to see him again but saying such a horrible thing to someone who you thought you loved for 4 years confuses everything.

I can't decide whether he deserves it or whether underneath he's an alright person and maybe he has been hurt by someone before hence his bullying and maybe I've just gone and hurt him even more. I'm even analysing if he was a bully Im starting to think maybe taking the mick out of someone and laughing at them is just a common thing everyone does and maybe him jokingly asking girls out who aren't popular or who aren't pretty was just a harmless thing.

Plus I start to think there are worse people that maybe I have just exaggerated his 'horrible' personality simply for an excuse to hate him. I even got on with him a couple years back. I think he fancied me as well but he pretty much liked everyone. I feel very confused about the whole situation do people think I was wrong to say what I did? Do you think it was too harsh and if do should I apologise somehow?
    • Very Important Poster

No.
    Happened now and not a lot you cna do about it.
    You summed the person up in the first sentence. Not quite sure why you would have anything to do with him?
    You told him and perhaps he will have another look at himself.
    If he is as you say in the first sentence, then there will have been a lot of victims who would like to have said what you did. Not sure you managed to communicate why he met with your disapproval.

Its done now, though. No lasting damage and perhaps he has learnt soemthing about how people perceive him?

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Not quite sure why you would have anything to do with him?
    Nor do I, I was naive and an idiot and hadn't really realised that he was a bully something more or less everyone hadn't admitted and was too scared of him so just laughed with him. Everyone loved him, even I did; I wanted to hate him but he was charming, then I did hate him when I became more mature. Once I had said what I had said to him that night I started to think how I used to.

[/QUOTE]Not sure you managed to communicate why he met with your disapproval.[/QUOTE]

What I said to him or what I've actually said here? If it was what I said to him I think it was so impulsive I hadn't really thought about what I was saying it was just anything that came out of my mouth! Plus I think he sort of knew I disliked him for who he was, but I had never actually properly expressed it.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Nor do I, I was naive and an idiot and hadn't really realised that he was a bully something more or less everyone hadn't admitted and was too scared of him so just laughed with him. Everyone loved him, even I did; I wanted to hate him but he was charming, then I did hate him when I became more mature. Once I had said what I had said to him that night I started to think how I used to.

Not sure you managed to communicate why he met with your disapproval.
    What I said to him or what I've actually said here? If it was what I said to him I think it was so impulsive I hadn't really thought about what I was saying it was just anything that came out of my mouth! Plus I think he sort of knew I disliked him for who he was, but I had never actually properly expressed it.

Well you realised and you stood up to it, so thats +1 for you and having some moral backbone rather than going along with it. It can be really easy to go with the flow because it takes less effort. Some of the discomfort is just awkwardness because its new ground for you. Maybe you will handle it a bit differently next time but you achieved your objective and grew a little at the same time. You probably wont see him again, he will have other flunkies, so dont lose any sleep.

If he ever asks in future, then its very easy to tell him why you found him objectionable. he may or may not have grown up by then.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.