Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I recently got my final year results and I have passed 4 out of 5 of my modules and received a grade of 37C for my 5th module. Does this compensated pass mean I have achieved 40% for that particular module?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by poppy2194)
    Hi,

I recently got my final year results and I have passed 4 out of 5 of my modules and received a grade of 37C for my 5th module. Does this compensated pass mean I have achieved 40% for that particular module?
    This is in news and current affairs?

You need to look at the rule books specific to your uni or get someone in the dpeartment to explain it.

It does sound like a compnesated pass.

It sounds like you achieved 37c, which they have let through as a compensated pass. It will explain in your rulebook what this means.

ReputationRep:
    At my university, at least from what it states in the student handbook, a compensated pass will be counted as 40% when calculating your overall classification. The actual mark attained will still appear on the transcript though. Again, as 999tigger suggested, check your handbook or ask someone from your department.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.