Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Hi guys, I am considering applying to UCL to study Politics and East European Studies (BA). The typical a level entry requirements for this course are AAA/AAB and GCSE English Language at grade B and GCSE mathematics at grade C (I achieved this).

My predicted a level grades are:-

BTEC Health and Social Care - distinction
    Law - A
    Psychology - B
    Philosophy & Ethics - B

Should I bother? Or am I being too ambitious and simply wasting one of my five choices?

ReputationRep:
    I've just checked the course on the UCL website. So long as you don't choose the Economics electives - mathematics should be just fine. But what is up with your BTEC? Universities such as UCL do not care about the amount of UCAS points that you have. To be honest, I'm not sure if I would even state BTEC on your ucas application.

ABB in A levels is a bit low but that is only your prediction. I have known people personally here at Oxford who were predicted the similar and have achieved 3 x A in the end.

Law is easy - memorise the cases and legal rules of interpretation.

Philosophy & Ethics should be easy too so long as you memorise the authors and different studies. Probably similar to Psychology.

Aim for 3 x As, you might get accepted with AAB. You can do it.

P.S ASK FOR A HIGHER PREDICTION IN ONE OF THE SUBJECTS FOR THE PURPOSE OF UCAS

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.