Melaver
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i am starting in September at the llandaff campus, can you tell what the parking like for students?

thanks
Banana00
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ooh, click bait! :cookie:
Spoiler:
Show
Sorry, I'm afraid I can't help you. Good luck :p::banana:
Perforce
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is what the uni website says about parking, so it doesn't look good, perhaps try public transport:

Car Parking

All visitors to Cardiff Met campuses are required to Pay & Display at the signed rate. In addition, visitors to the Llandaff Campus between 08.00am and 4.00pm must report to Reception to collect a temporary parking permit to be displayed alongside their Pay & Display ticket. Visitor Parking Spaces at Llandaff are severely limited and there is no guarantee of availability of a parking space.
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Melaver)
i am starting in September at the llandaff campus, can you tell what the parking like for students?

thanks
Hi Melaver,

As Perforce said, unfortunately parking at the Llandaff Campus is very limited and is only available to students in exceptional circumstances.

If you think you qualify then you can make an application on our website once you start in September. You'll find more information and a link to the application form here: http://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/about/ca...d-Parking.aspx

The permit allows students to park at our Plas Gwyn halls rather than at the Llandaff Campus itself and from there students can take the park and ride. If you're planning on living in Plas Gwyn halls then I'd say you're probably better off just taking the park and ride bus and saving yourself the cost of the parking permit.

There's lots of good public transport options between our campuses and to and from the city centre so, for most students, a car isn't necessary when studying here. Most places in Cardiff are within walking distance- personally I tend to just walk everywhere and get the bus when I really need to.

Lindsey
huggy mchugster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cardiff Metropolitan University)
Hi Melaver,

As Perforce said, unfortunately parking at the Llandaff Campus is very limited and is only available to students in exceptional circumstances.

If you think you qualify then you can make an application on our website once you start in September. You'll find more information and a link to the application form here: http://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/about/ca...d-Parking.aspx

The permit allows students to park at our Plas Gwyn halls rather than at the Llandaff Campus itself and from there students can take the park and ride. If you're planning on living in Plas Gwyn halls then I'd say you're probably better off just taking the park and ride bus and saving yourself the cost of the parking permit.

There's lots of good public transport options between our campuses and to and from the city centre so, for most students, a car isn't necessary when studying here. Most places in Cardiff are within walking distance- personally I tend to just walk everywhere and get the bus when I really need to.

Lindsey
its pretty poor ngl
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Cyncoed Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads