Help with GCSE OCR computing A453??? PLEASE

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It isn't the actual code that i need help with, but i don't understand task 2!

I've identified the keywords but i don't know what i'm supposed to do after.It says that i need to provide solutions from a selection stored in a text file.
    Do i need to read files only or write them and then read it. Please someone explain this!
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Depends what the question or criteria was.

Can't remember exactly what task 2 was for me, changes with each scenario obviously but If it is the same then here.

I think I remember that it just needs to be write - I have my code saved somewhere.

More info and I can help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicada3301)
    Depends what the question or criteria was.

Can't remember exactly what task 2 was for me, changes with each scenario obviously but If it is the same then here.

I think I remember that it just needs to be write - I have my code saved somewhere.

More info and I can help.
    Thanks for replying and yh all of our tasks were based on creating a trouble shooting system for phones .
    As i said before, what do we need yo do for task 2 like in terms of reading/writing

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bro if ur doing the same CA as me i can help u out, what was ur task 1?, was it a sentence then the user inpuyts a word and the positions of the wordx are out putted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nj1234)
    bro if ur doing the same CA as me i can help u out, what was ur task 1?, was it a sentence then the user inpuyts a word and the positions of the wordx are out putted?
    Task one was to provide a solution to user's problems with their mobile phone. Task 2 was to identify keywords and task 3 is to read from text files...

ReputationRep:
    lol i'm doing the exactly same stuff as you, you need to put your solutions in a text file and read the solution from the text file on to your code when the user inputs the correct keywords

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amir12)
    lol i'm doing the exactly same stuff as you, you need to put your solutions in a text file and read the solution from the text file on to your code when the user inputs the correct keywords
    Thank you so much for replying. yeah that's what i did
    At least now i know that i'm on the right track.

Btw You don't need to write anything right? And how many text files did you create? Because i created a text file for each issue and read it so i have around 10 separate files.

Also, Have you done task 3 yet? I'm finding this the hardest. Like connecting all the issues and the codes. If you don't mind, Can you briefly explain task 3 to me please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluepearl7)
    Thank you so much for replying. yeah that's what i did
    At least now i know that i'm on the right track.

Btw You don't need to write anything right? And how many text files did you create? Because i created a text file for each issue and read it so i have around 10 separate files.

Also, Have you done task 3 yet? I'm finding this the hardest. Like connecting all the issues and the codes. If you don't mind, Can you briefly explain task 3 to me please?
    To get a higher mark all your solution/issue needs to be in one text file not on a separate text file.
    yah i''ve nearly done the task 3 code its not as challenging as task 2 as for task 3 you pretty much have to combine what you learnt from task 1 and task 2.
    Pretty much i copied all my code from task 1 and pasted it task 3 textfile and i wrote a little code which prints the all the questions from textfile

ReputationRep:
    To get a higher mark all your solution/issue needs to be in one text file not on a separate text file.
    yah i''ve nearly done the task 3 code its not as challenging as task 2 as for task 3 you pretty much have to combine what you learnt from task 1 and task 2.
    Pretty much i copied all my code from task 1 and pasted it task 3 textfile and i wrote a little code which prints the all the questions from textfile
    oh ok , i'll go back and make my code more efficient then. I'm just finding it difficult to link everything together for task 3 . And wait how come you put your question in the text file too because i only put the issue/solution and read from it after finding out what's wrong with the user's phone,

Anyways, Hopefully, i can figure it out. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluepearl7)
    oh ok , i'll go back and make my code more efficient then. I'm just finding it difficult to link everything together for task 3 . And wait how come you put your question in the text file too because i only put the issue/solution and read from it after finding out what's wrong with the user's phone,

Anyways, Hopefully, i can figure it out. Thanks!
    For task 3 you have to put your questions in the text file as well as issue/solutions and read from it.Thanks! if you want more help then just message me

ReputationRep:
    So in short could you summarise what you have to do for task 3 please?

ReputationRep:
    For task 3 you have to put your questions in the text file as well as issue/solutions and read from it.Thanks! if you want more help then just message me
    Could you summarise what you have to do for task 3 please?

ReputationRep:
    gplease could you help me on task 3 with code im doing the same controlls assessment please help my email it ********
    (Original post by CA help!!)
    Could you summarise what you have to do for task 3 please?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nj1234)
    I'm doing that task I need a lot of help for all tasks. HELP ME PLEASE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Help000)
    I'm doing that task I need a lot of help for all tasks. HELP ME PLEASE
    If that's Material 1 (the whole sentence output thing), I can help you out. Just submitted my coursework for it and the codes for Task 1, Task 2, and Task 3 all work - albeit Task 3 is quite lengthy. But hey, that means you have more to talk about in Evaluation lol

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.