Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you don't hate Roy by now, you might after those press conferences Watch

ReputationRep:
    After delivering clichés from a pre-prepared(!) statement on the night and refusing questions, his press conference the day after he says:

"I don't really know what I'm doing here, I thought my statement last night was sufficient." a couple of times and revealed he had to be goaded into coming by people suggesting he was running scared, and wanted his statement to have been it.

He also called England's loss "a fact of life" and "one bad game" before running off as quickly as he arrived again, very similar to Steve McClaren's walk-off this time.

You're here to answer questions and be held accountable for your decisions as a manager, you vindictive manchild.

ReputationRep:
    I am no football expert ,but I can still say that it was not "one bad game" his tactics were horrible, and the team struggled in an easy group.

Roll Safe Roy

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. Listened to that live on TalkSport, they also had some bloke from the FA who is involved in the recruitment process of our next manager, he openly admitted he knows nothing about football.

ReputationRep:
    None of the FA board of directors has ever played football professionally.
    Hence the FA is a shambles and will never create a World Cup winning team

ReputationRep:
    The man should never have managed the national team. I agree on points about the FA. They bottled it and appointed a yes man.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    He's an apartheid apologist, too. Remember that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    He's an apartheid apologist, too. Remember that.
    I dislike Hodgson as much as the next person but playing in SA during Apartheid is not the same as apologising for it.*

He has explicitly stated enough terrible things to confirm he is a disgusting human being, without putting 2 and 2 tightened to get 5. *

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.