Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm confused about my feelings and relationship watch

Okay so for me this is a complicated situation and I need some help.
    I'm 19 and never had a serious relationship, I've only had one boyfriend that lasted 3 months and the furthest we got was kissing, like just a kissing no making out or anything.
    All my friends have gone to uni and just came back after finishing their first year and suddenly one of my closest friends has told me he has feelings for me. We are really close and I do like him a lot, I'm just not sure if i like him (as cliche as it is) as a boyfriend. Further problems is that I already told him that i liked him back and want a relationship...however now I'm not so sure...
    My main concern is that I don't want to ruin it but making this relationship official and then losing interest in him straight away. But I think I'm even more worried about the actual relationship stuff, I'm terrified of intimacy and seriously the thought of sex and other stuff like that freaks me out so much. He said he was willing to wait for me but he'll probably get bored because I don't want anything like that.
    Call me a prude or whatever I don't care, I've heard it all before from friends and others. Can I really hope for a relationship (with one of my closest friends) where the man won't expect sex or anything anytime soon, or is that too much to hope for? Or am I just being stupid and need to get over myself?

ReputationRep:
    For guys or as a couple, i heard sex is the main part to keep the relationship hence i never had any relationship :mmm: maybe discuss with him in briefly to see what his thoughts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm just not sure if i like him (as cliche as it is) as a boyfriend
    Tell him "I think we're better off as friends" and if he really pushes you on it then be honest: "I think we lack that spark"

I'm terrified of intimacy and seriously the thought of sex and other stuff like that freaks me out so much
    Separate issue

He said he was willing to wait for me
    Probably beta, which is probably why you're not actually hot for him, bless him

Can I really hope for a relationship where the man won't expect sex or anything any time soon, or is that too much to hope for?
    Too much to hope for where 95% of guys who can actually do it for you are concerned, but there is a middle way (communication and compromise)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.