Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best Drugstore/High Street Makeup Products for School Watch

ReputationRep:
    To anyone new to wearing makeup to school, what would be your best drugstore recommendations?

Mine are:

Rimmel London Match Perfection Liquid Foundation
    Pros: Good Coverage (Medium Coverage), blends nicely, good for pale people in particular (it's one of the few that will actually match my skin tone!), lasts most of the day
    Cons: Can clog pores quite badly (Since I've started using it, I have to remember to cleanse my face properly at night or I get reeeally bad breakouts the next day!), doesn't last all day (you need a powder to set it or it will not stay!)

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder
    Pros: Matches my skin tone really nicely, stays on pretty well, lasts a really long time, can be worn on its own.
    Cons: It goes literally everywhere when you try to apply it!

Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara
    Pros: Bold, dramatic black lashes, doesn't clump at all, easy to apply, stays on for ages with no smudging!
    Cons: A little difficult to get off at night

What are your suggestions? For instance, I'm still looking for a kohl eyeliner pencil which is actually waterproof (darn you Rimmel Scandaleyes...)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.