Looking for YA Book suggestions... Watch

Lydia2213
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am currently in a bit of a reading slump and need something to distract me from the amount of coursework I'm going to have to do next year

I am up for reading most YA Novels or Classics, so please give me any suggestions of books you've read fairly recently that you enjoyed!

(aaaand if any of you are part of any YA Book Subscription Boxes please tell me about them too!)
scrawlx101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Skulduggery pleasant/gone series by michael grant
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lydia2213)
I am currently in a bit of a reading slump and need something to distract me from the amount of coursework I'm going to have to do next year

I am up for reading most YA Novels or Classics, so please give me any suggestions of books you've read fairly recently that you enjoyed!

(aaaand if any of you are part of any YA Book Subscription Boxes please tell me about them too!)
I've been lent The Girl with all the Gifts and Ready Player One - haven't read them yet but they have come highly recommended
SaIrt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lydia2213)

Oh I know exactly what a reading slump feels like. I read a lot of good books recently that I loved, but I wouldn't recommend them as a reading-slump-breaker. I don't know if you're into YA fantasy books, but I definitely have a look at An Ember in the Ashes or Six of Crows. They are both different from each other but so good.

I'm not really a part of a book subscription ( I don't even know what that is tbh), but check out Goodreads, it's a big community that offers challenges and give aways and lots more!
KatrinaMay
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I recommend
Demoniac Dance by Jaq D. Hawkins Lots of action, a young girl running away from an arranged marriage, magicians, dragons, all good fun.
Tamuna10
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey As for classics, I would recommend either Jack London, Jules Verne or Mayne Reid, to help you get reading again. They all write really interesting books. As for YA fantasy, you could maybe check out The Herdsman of Wolves of mine on amazon (I'm not advertising my book, just a suggestion. I read it often myself when bored, and each time it holds new surprises. Other guys who read it also told me it was really cool and soothing, and also very engaging book, so you could take a look at it on kindle).
AfcFob
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh I have plenty

The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins
Divergent- Veronica Roth
Noughts and Crosses series (basically anything by Malorie Blackman)
Shadowhunters series- Cassandra Clare
The Selection-Keira Cass
Matched- Ally Condie
Red Queen- Victoria Aveyard
Gone- Michael Grant

These are what I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure I'd have plenty more too if I looked
CorpusLuteum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Um... Boy nobody by Allen zadoff and Butter by Erin Lange are two great books.
I also really enjoyed the October List, it's very interesting and twisted.
Pinkberry_y
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any book by Sophie Kinsella is really good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (29)
45.31%
No (16)
25%
I'm not old enough (19)
29.69%

Watched Threads