Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have recently applied for a student loan for teacher training. I will be studying a pgce in lifelong learning with qtls. Student finance sent me a letter saying that i was not eligible for funding as they dont fund qtls but they do fund qts. Qtls is the same as qts. Further more everyone else on the course who has applied for funding has got it. Everywhere I look including gov website says pgces/teacher traaining is eligible for funding. Please someone advise me on what I can do. I have quit my job and have a family so really need loan in order to study.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Have they explained their decision?

ReputationRep:
    They have just said they wont fund pgce with qtls but will fund pgce with qts. Qtls is thesame as qts and everyone else on the course has got funding. The only thing that I can think of is during stdying my degree I fell pregnant in my 2nd year. I started my 3rd yrar but suspended in October/november. Student finance were made aware of this. I then went back the following September and completed my degree. However this should not affect funding for teacher training as previous funding does not affect teacher training funding only if you have done a teacher training course before which i haven't. Is there anyway I can appeal?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Lucybrett3000

I would advise you to call us to check this for you: 0300 100 0607

We will fund a PGCE if it leads to a QTS.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have called and they have said they will fund for pgce with qts but not qtls which is the same as qtls. Like I have said everryone else on the course is being funded!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.